Jobs ???

Guest the terry's

Guest the terry's

Hi all you people thinking of or actually in Tasmania. We've been looking into the possibility of moving to tassie... I have one question ....where can I find plumbing/maintenance jobs for hubby. I've looked on practically every site going and they seem to be very few and far between....do they exist?

Anyone?:unsure:

Helenx

Guest Colin R

Hi there Helen.

we are in Tassie . I havent seen any jobs advertised but all trades are in short supply over here . I have a couple of numbers for you Rosetta Plumbing and Gas centre www,rosettaplumbing_tasgascentre.com.au from UK 0061362730177

Howrah Plumbing Howrah Plumbing - Home 0061362447022 . Will ask a couple of friends at the weekend if they know of anyone. Also if you email Joanna at the department of economic development at the Tasmanian Goverment the department is very good and they will help in any way they can especially with skilled migrants. If you need any help let us know

Sally

Guest the terry's

Much obliged Sally will take a look. I've already emailed the department but still waiting for a reply. As you can see we already have Victorian sponsorship, as we weren't told that Tasmania sponsored plumbers, ah so is life.

Thanks again for your kind support, can I ask you what you like about Tassie, how long have you been there, etc etc. We've got 4 kids 1 yrs old, 14, 16 and 18 is there enough to keep them 'entertained' ? We like the look of Tassie ages ago, can't get over the fact that you can, as found on realestate.com, get a 5 bed, 2 acre property with stunning views, although we are not overlooked at our own house in uk I still have to look at a large industrial units roof........

sorry started daydreaming again.....

Cheers for now,

Helenx

Guest Colin R

Have an 18 year old. he was 16 when we came over and he loves it. He has more freedom over here and drives so thats good . He started to drive at 16 . Insurance for the car is so much cheaper than in the UK .

He is off with friends quite a lot and thay are a really nice bunch . There is plenty for them to do, lots of sports facilities . Our son eats drinks and sleeps cars so he goes to the motorsports at Symonds Plains quite a bit. He got an apprenticeship as a motor mechanic about 5 months after we got here . There are some good schools and colleges . Uni is in Hobart.

House prices are still very good and you do get more for your money over here compered to the rest of Australia it seems. There are certainly some great properties with land . We live in Kingston which is easy to get into Hobart from. and with our son driving to a fro and most things seem to be in Kingston or Hobart I felt that it would be safer living there. ( cant sleep until he gets in Mum thing you know how it is) . There are dance studios, swimming pool. the beach is 4 min away . Plenty of place to eat , Theatre, Shows, Music Venues. All in all it is a safe place to live. safer than the market town I lived in the UK and Colin was a police officer there!!!!

Have a look at the web site T-change - for your sea change or tree change to Tasmania . Have you emailed the dept of economic development long ago as usually they are quick to reply?

Sally

Guest the terry's

Hi yes emailed a Hiroko Kunimoto (Program Manager) about 4 days ago, asked what probably seems like a million questions so their probably trying to wade through it all as we speak LOL.

I'm not sure what the red lion refers to sorry grey cell moment.

Helenx

Guest the terry's

Having a look at your last post T Change, very good lots of info just the sort of thing I can show to Hubby.

Thanks,

Helenx

Guest Colin R

According to Colin the Red Lion was a pub in Theale? He came from down that way and as usual knew most of the pubs!. No he isnt a bobby now he retired from Thames Valley Police. We bought a florist as I came over on a business visa best thing we ever did really although it has taken a lot of work in the last 2 years to get it to how we want it. Colin does all the deliveries and he says people are pleased to see him now instead of him trying to arrest them or bringing them bad news. I just love it which makes me so sad now not unhappy just pathetic really love my shop , love Tassie, love my house. Made some great friends. So a bit two fingers down the throat really!! Havent got anything to say about the place I dont like. As you can see pathetic really. If you havent heard anything early next week let me know and I'll give Hiroko or Joanna a ring. Might be that Hiroko is on leave. Saying about houses and land have a look on the realestate .com . Sandford, Acton, Leslie Vale,

Sally

Guest the terry's

Hi Sally, thanks for the reply, in answer to Colin's question the Red Lion is still going, although the current landlord/lady are moving on as there's now a sign outside saying if anyone's interested in running the pub. It still holds band nights on a Friday usually, hubby's friend's relative is in a band who play there every now and then, and the music is also pretty loud too (feel sorry for neighbours really). Trouble is you'd think for a small village like Theale there would be the odd one or two not several. The high street has changed alot over the past two years, the church and been replaced with flats and all the old street houses have been refurbished and selling for what seems like a mint. Had trouble with 'travellers' a while back, the village is still talking about them still. They were stopping people walking across the bridge between Savacentre and Theale and demanding money for the priviledge, even the kids started to do it. I bet Colin's glad he's now retired from the force and as you say now you both run a business together it's nice you can spend at least some more time together.

I'll have a look at the places you mentioned.

Thanks again Sally take care.

Helenx

Archived