Anyone Batemans bay/ narooma area?

Guest lilly mist

Guest lilly mist

Anyone in the Batemans bay down to narooma area?

Any info on houses work school ect?

Does any one know what kind of area it is and what pros and cons?

It's Canberra's beach area! A lot of Canberrans retire down there or have beach houses which they use occasionally or rent out over the summer period. It's very pretty and the beaches are lovely. I guess I get the impression that it is largely a retirement/holiday area but of course there are families who live down there all the time. I dont know what employment down there is like and I havent heard anything detrimental about the schools (you probably wouldnt want to be going up to Jervis Bay though). The weather on the coast tends to be better than it is 100km inland here in Canberra.

Guest lilly mist
It's Canberra's beach area! A lot of Canberrans retire down there or have beach houses which they use occasionally or rent out over the summer period. It's very pretty and the beaches are lovely. I guess I get the impression that it is largely a retirement/holiday area but of course there are families who live down there all the time. I dont know what employment down there is like and I havent heard anything detrimental about the schools (you probably wouldnt want to be going up to Jervis Bay though). The weather on the coast tends to be better than it is 100km inland here in Canberra.

Hey thanks for reply...whats wrong with jervis bay?

Guest HayleyW

Hi

I live in Batemans Bay, we moved here last November as my husband got a job here, his a carpet fitter. It is lovely down here but like Quoll said alot of people retire here so there is alot of old people. A friend of mine son goes to Batemans Bay high school and it seems like a really nice school.

It is a country town by the sea, very friendly people but can be very quiet.

If I can help any more please feel free to ask.

Hayley

Archived