Studying in Aus. Affordable Perth or Sydney??

Guest junan70

Guest junan70

Is anyone studying or recently studied in Aus??

I gave up the UK rat race a couple of years ago to go travelling and settle somewhere new (I'm 38).

I loved Aus, but my only option visa wise is to study. I quite fancy that because I wouldn't mind a new career or at least new skills.

BUT......!

I want to study in Perth or Sydney for the climate and cosmopolitan city life. The problem is that at 38, I don't want to share accommodation and both cities seem quite pricey for many things. Has anyone out there managed it??? Where in Sydney is "affordable" without being a dump?? I'll happily stay in a studio flat, but not in a crappy area.

I am staying in Perth with my cousin while I do a reccy and she has put me on to this website.

Any help/advice welcomed.

Hi,

To start with have a peek at Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au and search the rentals, thinking for Sydney that the northern beaches is the cheapest of areas, but Sydney is becoming very expensive for rentals. Also have a look at Gumtree's Sydney online community: Free Classified Ads for Sydney Sorry i cant help with Perth areas but sure someone can.

All the best

stuju

Archived