? for Skippy - Guru of all things Illawarra

Guest OldiesRUs

Guest OldiesRUs

Hi Skippy

Been looking on the real estate sites at property - just to depress myself as they will all be gone by the time I get a CO, never mind a visa - can you tell me what Albion Park Rail and Mount Warrigal are like? Seem to be a bit cheap to me. Also, it looks as though your house prices are dropping a bit, just like ours.

Cheers Hun

Jean:wubclub:

Hi jean..just thought Id say i feel the same as you..I hope your not checking out my dream home thats on there....hee hee LOL!!! I d be interested to hear about those areas too.. although my hearts set on a new build in albion park....aahhh blisss no more diy!! heee heee

Guest OldiesRUs

You're OK, we won't be in competition as we want an older place because we want a garden, not just 'an entertainment area' and most of the new builds are on top of one another.

Where's Skippy gone? Not like him to not get straight back. I know he said he was going to hibernate for the winter, but come on, we need his advice.

No worries I was only kidding..we would like a garden too..it does seem that the new builds do not have much land. We shall have to see...newish would suit us we are not too fussy (thankfully) and have seen lots of potential dream homes so when the time comes (one day!!) im sure we will get the right one..

Perhaps skippy is hibernating....perhaps if I shout loud enough.....TREVOR...WHERE ARE YOU?????...perhaps he is showing meggs family around...Dont worry Jean...we will get there..eventually..feels like forever..Perhaps once we have all arrived we can all meet up at your sons resturant..I cant wait to visit, it looks fab.

Helen x

can you tell me what Albion Park Rail and Mount Warrigal are like? Seem to be a bit cheap to me. Also, it looks as though your house prices are dropping a bit, just like ours.

Some areas of both suburbs are quite nice Jean, so it just depends on where the houses are, parts of Mt Warrigal are government housing, so this can affect the prices, others are mansions with views over the lake etc.

A/P rail covers a wide area, some of it is light industrial, you wouldn't want to be too close to the main road or the railway, Prices have dropped a little here, the rise in the interest rate has caused this, people are frightened to get into debt, others are in too much debt and have to sell up, etc, etc.

You have to see these places with your own eyes, it's good to see what the neighbours are like, I have a few friends that live at the rail [as we call it] and it is quite nice where they live, quiet friendly cul de sacs.

Perhaps skippy is hibernating....perhaps if I shout loud enough.....TREVOR...WHERE ARE YOU?????...perhaps he is showing meggs family around...

:SLEEP:What's wrong.

Why would I want to be out in this weather ? it is only 16 deg C & has teemed it down for the last 3 days, and there is more to come, have not heard from meggs, she certainly picked the wrong time to come here, all I can see is mist and rain, it hasn't been like this for years.

I've got the gas fire going now, some nice soft music playing and now for more :SLEEP:

Guest OldiesRUs

Weather is not much better here, in fact it is total crap. The sun has half popped out this morning, for a bout 10 minutes. We have had nothing but rain all week - localised flooding all over the place. Even the bowls green is flooded and it is raised!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi skippy,9 weeks to go now and we're off.got a few questions if you can help.Hubby got a job in shellharbour hospital,is warilla,berkeley,mt warrigal,albion park and albion park rail sort of near this hospital?as we look at rentals it looks that these are cheaper options.Is it within cycling distance?Can you recommend a good car rental at reasonable price?We thought we need one for house hunting and look around.Is there a fierce competition of rentals in this place in your opinion.many thanks

Hermie,Dan,and Charlie

Hello Cox's, Shellharbour Hospital is situated on the fringe of Mt Warrigal & Warilla, the places within easy reach & cycling distance are, Warilla, Mt Warrigal, Flinders, Oak Flats, Barrack Heights, A/P rail & Ballarang, I haven't heard of anyone having problems trying to rent.

Don't know much about hiring cars, Budget Rent a Car - Car Hire Sydney, Car Hire Melbourne, Car Hire Australia Avis Rent A Car www.hertz.com.au compactcarrentals.com.au Thrifty Australia best value car rental and truck rental. Car hire Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Perth, Cairns, Gold coast, Hobart, Darwin, more.

The Compact rental say $35 a day, but not sure of the fine print or what kind of car you would get for that.

thank you skippy,we tried and contact real estate au holidays as they got properties in warilla and lake illawarra 400-600/week furnished holiday rental off peak but 1000-1400/week dec-jan.If they get back to us,we will try and book for 2 weeks.we will look at those car hire sites too,we don't care what type of car as long as it runs around,removal company will take our stuff next week and estimated to arrive mid to end sept.Banking,we can open an account here in the UK with Westpac,i don't know if they are good or not.Thanks again skippy

Guest OldiesRUs

We have just opened an account at Westpac this week. Very easy to do and they were extremely helpful when I phoned them and talked me through everythings. Then information arrived in the post the next day.

Unlike the 'World's local bank', who I bank with over here. Extremely unhelpful, both in Aus and over here.

Thanks Jean,I will contact them tomorrow,,We are getting excited now,we will be living in an empty house in couple of weeks time.Hubby's got a sister who is willing to have us but is 14miles from the hospital and we only got 1 car now so,nightmare as we both work fulltime plus childcare,ah well,i'm sure we'll be fine

Archived