Baulkham Hills??

Guest Freya's Dad

Guest Freya's Dad

Hi all,

Just got back to UK after visiting sister who has moved to Oz and now lives in Mosman. Goes without saying that we loved it! I have a fiance, a 3 yr old girl and a 1 yr old boy. We are now making preliminary enquiries into coming over and the big question is if we did it, where would we live? After having done a bit of research, I think the Northern Beaches are out of the question budget wise which is a same because of my sister and we also have friends in Dee Why and Manly.

Can anyone give any feedback on the Baulkham Hills area? I have come across some very conflicting reports...

I don't want to be a slave to the mortgage, but at the same time we don't want to live in an area with the same social-economic problems as UK. NSW generally seems expensive but it makes sense to be somewhere that we know people right from the off.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Guest dom&corrie

Hi

We are in similar situation in that we want to be in sydney area as we have friends there but worried about cost of some suburbs! We also have 3yr old girl and 1yr old boy, so like you want somewhere nice for them to grow up. We have friends in Castle Hill and they love it there. What conflicting advice have you heard? We also have been looking at the central coast area, gosford, Terrigal, Avoca beach etc as houses are cheaper with it being about an hour from the city. I think it depends on where you get a job. We would also like someone to offer advice as we are yet to decide on final destination!!!

Good Luck let me know how the search goes! C x

The Hills District and the Central Coast are great places to live. Can't imagine anyone casting aspertions on Baulkham Hills! The CC has beaches close to residential areas, but the Hills has better schools and more activities for families. The down side of the Hills is the lack of, what I would call, decent public transport. I've lived very happily here for almost 40 years.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scott Family

We will move over in October 2008 and from looking at areas when i was in sydney last week we will definatley be settling in the hills area. Baulkham Hills and Castle Hills were older more established properties but very nice areas with good amenities. The areas looked good with very few problems but it is very surburban and not very cool and exciting like Manly and the beaches etc.

I really liked Beaumont Hills and Rouse Hill though as the houses were newer and there were really good shopping areas. I think you might get a little more for your money here as well.

I think the hills area is popular with the Aussies as well because a lot of my new collegues live there as well.

I have a 12 year old and Kellyville High School was recommended as a really good high school to me.

Hope this helps - i spent 2 days just looking at areas trying to gauge where we would want to live as because my eldest is 12 i need it to right as i don't want to have to move him again if its not right.

The only downside is that it is 50 mins - hour from the airport but only really relevant if you travel a lot.

Hope this helps

Guest loobyloo

Hi we moved out from leicestershire 2004 and live in Beaumont Hills - love it. eldest goes to Kellyville High School - recommend it, other child goes to Rouse Hill Public School - recommend it.

We originally rented in Rouse Hill - another nice area. Lots of new families all eager to get along and fit in. This area has a lot going for it, will answer best I can any further questions.

Archived