Education for 17 Year old

Ozzy Fever

Hi

After a bit of imformation, we are moving to Adelaide on 19th June 08, we have a 17 year old daughter that left school last year, she hated her school and did not do very well with her GCSE - she was going to go to college but as we were emigtating she decided to work instead.

She was going to go to college to study hairdressing is this something that she can easily do in Adelaide or would it be best if she re-joins school, she is only just 17.

We are moving to Aldinga so any advice on schools in that area would be great.

Thanks

Nicky

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lorraine jackson

hi nicky i can certanly understand your problem of bringing a 17 year old daughter to adelaide i recently came to seaford rise in adelaide IN OCTOBER 2007 about ten mins from Aldinga, and have a 16 year old daughter and 18 year old son who were not very keen on the idea at all. However my son now works with my husband who is a bricklayer and funny enough just finished building his third house in Aldinga , so much building going on there at the moment. My daughter Georgia goes to Seaford school but found it hard to settle as she had to go back ayear and has been put in year eleven, in the uk she was due to take her GSE'S in may this year.and because of this she needs to complete year 11 and 12 before she takes any exams and unfortunatly she is not very keen on school and the thought of doing 2 years was not a option for her unfortunatly. she however is doing part time school and is looking for part time job aswell. possibly an option for your daughter as well.hopefully at the end of term Georgia will do a course in Noaulinga TAFE , you will be able to find this on line and see what courses are on offer. she is still not sure what she wants to do yet though. I think will be the best option for your daughter if she is any thing like my daughter and not to keen on school. they offer hairdressing courses there and if you say that your daughter did not do to well in her GSE'S all she will need to do is pass an entrance exam which is very easy apparantly, my son took it as he was considering doing a computer course but changed his mind,The head teacher at seaford 6-12 school is lovely and im sure if you call her she will be able to help you her name is anne russell. also if your daughter needs a friend she can always write back and perhaps thay can swap msn details. I know how hard it is for teenagers to make friends. and also if you need any more information dont hesitate to ask. lorraine good luck

Archived