Above ground pools

Georgie

Does anyone know approx cost of getting one and has anyone actually bought one. They must be cheaper than inground pools. I have seen a lot of people have the above ground ones in Brisbane and after having an inground one i would assume they were more easily maintained. I am talking about loose tiles and cracks appearing in the concrete inground ones. Dearly love to have a pool again but hubby says too much care so looking into AG or one of those tubs things that you can have hot or cold!!

Any advice please

Georgie

Its alos quite easy to pick up a second hand above ground one,just make sure its been keep damp or the sides can shrink.Once youve sussed the chemical levels out no pool is hard to maintain(although i wouldnt have said that 6 mth ago,lol)tiles around a sunken pool tend to be pilled with an xpandable type of putty to prevent cracking so there shouldnt be a problem.Have you thought of sinking an above ground pool and putting decking around i know a few guys who have done this and the end result looks great.The plus is you can also see the kids in it which i struggled with on an above ground because of the height of the sides.

Cal x

Guest taffy 62

You can pick them up from clark rubber from about $2, 500 i

think top of the range around $4,500

I have had one and found it hard to maintain if you dont keep on top of it with chlorine etc algae takes hold quick. we went away for the weekend when we got back it was green!

The best pool i found that was almost no maintenance was a fibreglass one that had a salt chlorinator with a creepy crawly in. we almost had nothing to do to it. as long as we ran the filter enough hours. also there were no cracked tiles, so no cut feet.

this is the way i would go again.

It all depends how long you want it for how much you want to spend and how you want it to look. the above ground one for us suited its purpose, as it allowed me to see how much the kids would use it before i invested in the in ground one.

Plus when i sold it i got what i paid for it as i bought a second hand one for $400 and put a new liner in which cost $200 (a good few years ago though)

Hi there

Our pool is inground and beleive me we wouldnt ever get one again. It is starting to crack along the bottom (probably due to the dry ground and no rain etc) and the tiles keep coming off. You still have to maintain an above ground one but i am guessing they wont crack??? Seen a good site - Arthurs Pools - has anyone used them?

Thanks for your answers:wubclub:

Georgie

Hi Taffy 62 or is it Sue?? Did you see the confusion on my other thread - poor old Suee thought i was talking about her!!!

Any how when you say fibreglass are you still talking $2500 to $4500 or are they dearer? We would prob go with salt chlorinater as well as i have heard they work really well.It seems a lot cheaper to buy above ground. Do you know if you get someone to install them as i know i could get a carpenter or someone to deck round it and i think they look really nice when they are decked. Also if you ever want to get rid of the pool you dont have to fill a husge whopping hole in your garden.

Georgie

Guest taffy 62
Hi Taffy 62 or is it Sue?? Did you see the confusion on my other thread - poor old Suee thought i was talking about her!!!

Any how when you say fibreglass are you still talking $2500 to $4500 or are they dearer? We would prob go with salt chlorinater as well as i have heard they work really well.It seems a lot cheaper to buy above ground. Do you know if you get someone to install them as i know i could get a carpenter or someone to deck round it and i think they look really nice when they are decked. Also if you ever want to get rid of the pool you dont have to fill a husge whopping hole in your garden.

Georgie

Yep saw that:biglaugh:

We put an in ground fibreglass pool in 2 years ago. it cost $23,000 not including the landscaping around it.

The above ground pools shouldnt be above $5,000 i wouldnt think i havnt looked for a long time i knew clark rubber sold them in kit form.

We installed ours above the ground we didnt sink it in as you can only sink them one third in anyway.

it was fun and games doing it :biglaugh: make sure you have a lot of mates around as you have to stand up all the posts and then thread the wall through, our post kept falling over and it was like a domino effect:biglaugh: in the end we had 1 person holding 2 post etc etc all the way around then a couple of others putting up the wall.

They are very easy to install above ground as you only have to lay them on a bed of sand.

then you put in the liner and fill with water.

Guest bluemoon

Go to classic pools in caboolture.or your nearest one.We are having a 10 by 5.5 meter above ground pool installed at the moment.It is being sunk right into the ground.They have them on display sunk into the ground,and they sink them in lower than you think.Take a look at thier displays,or check out the web site.As we have picked the largest pool its dearer to install,so the smaller you go the cheaper it is as there is less work involved.

We paid for the pool,installation and all the pumps lights filters blanket etc,got all thepool fencing from Bunnings,the whole lot came to $17000.check out thier web site..Classic Pools

Guest taffy 62

Wow thats a good price! maybe they are one of the few things that have come down in price over the year like plasmas etc i remember them being a lot more than that.

I would be good to sink them fully too as years ago they wer'nt designed to do that. It will be ok if your planning on staying in the place but I would sit it above if I was thinking of moving as you would have a massive hole to fill and that would'nt be cheap.

When we had our inground one put in I think the excavators cost for digging the hole and taking the soil away was $1,700! You got good deal there well done.

• 1 year later...
Guest jharwell

You can probably find an above ground pool online for a fraction of the cost. A lot of places even offer free shipping. I have an above ground and it is very easy to maintain.

Guest chris955

We bought an above ground for 2 reasons, firstly we don't have good access to the backyard for heavy equipment and secondly decided that it is a hole filled with water and we weren't prepared to pay 20 odd thousand dollars for a hole filled with water. As it happens I'm glad we went the cheap route as our boys don't bother with it now it has cooled down and the novelty only lasted about 4 months. We can just pull it down and sell it on Ebay :biggrin:

Archived