anyone going to gosford?

Guest dom&corrie

Guest dom&corrie

Hi we are new to the site,

We have applied for our family visa and hope to move out this year. We have friends in sydney but want to live in an area near to the coast that doesn't cost the earth ( i am a nurse so not high earner!!!) We have heard that Gosford is nice. Does anyone have any info? We also would like area near good schools as we have 2 children. Thanks xx

Guest Ron & Chel

Hi guys we are moving around that area was supposed to be july but havent sold yet but if you look around avoca beach, terrigal, kincumber ,saratoga ,the entrance, davistown there all round gosford lovely area my brother and sister live there have done for last 19 years gizmo who is on here lives in terrigal she will tell you more as she is already living there

G'Day Dom & Corrie,

Welcome to pomisnoz,

as ron & chel said, i am already living in Terrigal about 8ks from Gosford almost 2 years now (hubby has been here since 1994) so any help you need just yell or pm me.

Heres a bit of info to get ya started

Terrigal Accommodation, Restaurants, Function Venues and Business Information

Walkabout - Terrigal

and also on the central coast

Central Coast Australia

Central Coast

Central Coast Accommodation, Tourism and Business New South Wales Australia

Here is just some of the hospitials on the central coast

Berkeley Vale Private Hospital

Lorraine Ave, Berkeley Vale

Ph:

Brisbane Waters Private Hospital

21 Vidler Ave, Woy Woy

Ph:

North Gosford Private Hospital

Cnr Henry Parry Dr & Burrabil Ave, North Gosford

Ph:

Gosford Public Hospital

Holden St, Gosford

Ph:

Morisset Public Hospital

Morisset Park Rd, Morisset

The Entrance - Long Jetty Hospital

Wyong Rd, Killarney Vale

Ph:

Woy Woy Public Hospital

Ocean Beach Rd, Woy Woy

Ph:

Wyong Public Hospital

Pacific Hwy, Kanwal

Ph:

This might be of helpful to you too

Australian travel maps, street directory, driving directions & aerial photographs - Whereis.com

Rental Properties, Lease and Holiday Rentals - realestate.com.au=

there quite a few of us pomsinoz living here on the coast and also quite a few on this site still aiming for this way

Nice places to live (we feel) are Terrigal,Avoca,North Avoca,

Tumbi Umbi, Forresters Beach,Green Point,Erina,Wamberal

oh and he's the local shopping mall (very important for us ladies) Erina Fair

gizmo :cool:

Guest Jaynie

Hi,

I live in Gosford and I've been here for 15yrs, so will be out of touch with the school aspect, but area wise I can help you.

Most places on CC are lovely, it depends what you want, if you are looking to buy, the areas by the beaches will obviously be a lot higher in price rent/buy, inland is handier if you have to commute to Sydney, as Terrigal/Avoca/Kincumber/Saratoga etc., are away from the freeway and rail stations so you have to come to Gosford first. Traffic out to Terrigal etc., can be busy a lot of the time, so a 15-20min journey can stretch quite a bit, also the coast is a tourist place so in holiday time it can be frustrating when you just want to get home. This also includes weekends as a lot of Sydneysiders come up most weekends.

The railway runs through Woy Woy/Tascott/Point Clare areas, the latter two being not far from the F3 Freeway too. It takes about 40mins from Gosford Freeway to reach Wahroonga (Sydney) but then getting through the outer suburbs can easily add 30-60mins on to the journey depending on where you are working in the City.

Hospitals on the coast are Wyong/Gosford/Gosford Private and another one on the Peninsula (Woy Woy way).

Shopping Centres are plentiful on the Coast, main ones being Erina Fair and Tuggerah although as I mentioned there are smaller ones scattered around for general grocery shopping etc.,

I can only speak from experience and we were lucky enough to come straight to CC when we migrated as my family lived up here.

Hope this helps and if you need anymore info I will help you as much as I can.

Hi Dom and Corrie,

Wanted to welcome you to PIO and say we are headed out to the Central COast as well. We have family in Copacabana, Palm Beach and Saratoga hoping to be there this year as well. Wishing you lots of luck.

All the best,

Nikci

Guest dom&corrie

Thanks all!!

It nice to have so many replies so quickly! We will take a look at the places/info you have all mentioned. We will be moving out as soon as visa comes through and I guess we will have to see what work we can find before settling on an area to live more permanently. It's all very scary! My husband is a buyer/project manager in a manufacturing environment does anyone know if there is much in the way of industry/manufacturing on the central coast? Thanks C x

Guest graham$nic

Hi guy's we are also on the central coast just wanted to say hi.Waht ages are your children i have 3 who are 13,11 this year and a 3yr old you can pm about school's if you need info love Nic xx

Archived