Weather and social life

mr luvpants

What is the weather like in Adelaide? One of the reasons we are leaving the uk is the flippin weather and so I do not want to go anywhere where it rains a lot! :-)

Also we are party animals. We only have 3 weekends free this year. Is it so laid back that nothing happens?

JOHN

Hi John

Recently I have been putting into the Google search engine

Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane weather forecast

so far Perth and Adelaide have been the best with glorious Sunshine, Melbourne not too bad.

and Brisbane where we are heading has had rain , rain and more rain :no:

Although I know the people living in Brisbane will say it is much needed !!

Can't help you with the diary getting full though, depends how many friends you meet! Come to the Essex meet and meet the KP Nut family as they are going to Adelaide

Good Luck

Guest Guest9973

Hiya John.

We do have seasons in Adelaide but not too extreme.

You can virtually guarantee good weather over the summer months - say late Oct tolate March.

Winter does get cold the cold nights but still mainly sunny days - the nights get quite nippy at times though.We have a log burner that comes in handy for those evenings!

Yesterday was glorious for our Autumn here with 27c and it even stayed warm into the evening.

A lot more partying is done at home here - but if you like regular nightlife you will have to live near the city or be on good transport routes.:smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Tip: do a Google search for "Google SideBar" - download it and install it. Then you can add any city in the world to your forecasts. I've done so, and I've got Brisbane/Adelaide/Sydney/London on it.

Great for checking the temperature/weather against where you currently are.

Plus you can also get humidity levels and a 3 day forecast.

As I write this it says:

London - 23* Clear, NE Wind at 5 MPH and 57% humidity. Highest: 25*, Lowest: 12*

Adelaide - 14* Clear, E Wind at 4 MPH, and 77% humidity. Highest: 21*, Lowest: 9*

Clearly, Adelaide is cooler right now as they approach Autumn. Good stuff. Hopefully I could be there at this time next year. Unfortunately, this year, I get 2 summers! Odd. One in Britain (now) and one in Aus (December)... not sure if I can deal with 2 summers and an autumn in between? :arghh:

• 1 month later...

LOL One of the reasons we moved here was because I hated the cold in the UK and got fed up with my fingers going blue! I knew I'd adapted here though when I found myself really pleased to see it rain!

Yes, it gets a bit chilly here - I think it hit abot 14 the other day and it felt pretty bloomin' cold I can tell you (especially in a hosue designed to keep cool in the summer, not warm in the winter!) but even in the winter we often get glorious blue skies, so I think I can safely say that I like the weather here better than that in the UK!

Diane

Everywhere has rain, otherwise nobody could live there. Adelaide gets barely enough rain to survive, which is why they are building a desalination plant. The good news is, most of Adelaide's rain happens between May and October (June-August is wettest). From November to April, it is pretty dry and mostly sunny, and Dec-March is almost rain-free.

As for night life, there's loads at weekends, not so much Monday-Thursday, but the lifestyle is VERY outdoorsy all year round, and you shouldn't get bored as there's loads to do.

Bill

Archived