What Visa Should Be Applied For

Guest Pieky

Guest Pieky

Hi. Im an Australian, and i have met a guy over the net who is scotish, and he is planning to visit in a few months. He wants to apply for a working visa, I know this is prolly the bet way to go about staying in australia for a while to see how we go, My biggest fear is that we meet and really hit it off and he is unable to stay here.

1.is applying for a working visa a good idea?

2.What steps should we take to ensure we can maintain a relationship?

3.How long should we wait to tell authorities that we are a couple?

4.Are we alowed to live together?

Thanx D.

Hi. Im an Australian, and i have met a guy over the net who is scotish, and he is planning to visit in a few months. He wants to apply for a working visa, I know this is prolly the bet way to go about staying in australia for a while to see how we go, My biggest fear is that we meet and really hit it off and he is unable to stay here.

1.is applying for a working visa a good idea?

2.What steps should we take to ensure we can maintain a relationship?

3.How long should we wait to tell authorities that we are a couple?

4.Are we alowed to live together?

Thanx D.

Hi Pieky & Welcome to PIO

Sorry dont know the answers to questions for sure but definately check out the website that Leanne has given you. In answer to your questions

1. I would think a working visa would be a good place to start

2. Slowly slowly catch a monkey

3. Until his Visa starts to run out and you are serious about him!!

4. Bless, I should think so

and if it all goes well and you fall in love etc.... and get married then it's much more simple as he would be able to apply for a spouse visa!!!

Good luck with your new adventure and hope it all works out for you:wubclub:

Guest Paul n Ness

There is a working holiday visa that is valid for 12 months and can be extended for up to 2 years under certain conditions. During that time if you do develop a relationship and can prove this over a period of 12 months he may then be able to apply for a Partner Visa as a De-facto (unmarried) partner. As advised above, the website: Department of Immigration and Citizenship will give you loads of information on the different visas.

Good Luck

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Pieky

Welcome to Poms in Oz?

How old is the Scotsman? If he is short of his 31st birthday then he should be able to get a Working Holiday Maker Visa. Details are here:

Visa Options - Working Holiday Makers - Visas & Immigration

My advice is DO NOT give him anything beyond your mobile fone number and a rough guide to which City at this stage. Let him make his own way to Oz and do NOT offer to help. If he wants you badly enough (and is worth bothering with) he'll find out how by himself.

You do NOT want Godzilla on your doorstep complete with luggage, no matter how wunnerful he might seem on the Web. If he is real then he will respect your caution. If he is Godzilla in real life then u do not need him anyway.

I'd suggest meeting him in the most expensive hotel in the area "for drinks." Tell him he's paying for those.

My great friend Margot once tried a dating agency (same thing.) She was filling out the form. Muttering, "No rugby players. Opera lovers welcome..."

I said, "Margot. Get real. Put No Wall Eyes, Wooden Legs or Diseases! Explain that your Personal Vet (me) will be attending any meetings with you and all..."

Be very, very careful, chooks,

You test him before he gets half a chance to test you, I firmly suggest.

Best wishes, honey

Gill

Archived