Shipping company recommendations please

Guest LeaB

Hi,

My bf and I have been in Oz for nearly 4 months now and after travelling around we have settled in Brisbane.

We have just put an offer in on a flat and hopefully will have our own place soon and so are thinking baout getting our stuff shipped.

It is all packed up (boxed) in the UK (Surrey) and ready to go. There is quite a bit but no furniture, apart from one dismantled bed. it is mainly tools (my bf's) and general items.

I would be grateful if anyone has any recommendations for good service and price as I will start getting in touch as soon as we know if we definately have the flat.

Thanks so much,

Leanne

Guest The Baggo's

We used DAP who are based in Erith Kent. They were fantastic and were definately the cheapest. Very efficient - our belongings arrived before us and just one glass broken!!

I have just had Allied Pickfords in and they are quoting between £3,500 and £3,900 for a 20 foot container full packing service. So far so good they seem very professional. I have PSS coming later today so will let you know what they say

• 4 months later...
Guest Pingu

We used Anglo Pacific. I think it cost around £3500 for full container. They packed everything in UK and unpacked everything in OZ. The only breakages were a biscuit barrel and a glass door on a record cabinet which we had considered binning before we left. The only complaint we had about them was that they failed to inform us about the backlog at WA customs.

Guest Wallace

We are currently in the process of getting quotes from a lot of shipping companies in the UK. Allied Pickfords have by far been the most helpful, not necessarily the cheapest, but good service so far. We are more than likely going to be using them to ship stuff. No furniture for us, just boxes, mainly household stuff, clothes etc..

Archived