Own Build

Guest theweekshousehold

Guest theweekshousehold

Hello Happy New Year

We are looking to buy a plot of land soon and have been looking at houses to build.

The land is really expensive in QLD at the moment so our plot wont be that big (650) so we are thinking of building 2 storey which leaves us more room in the Garden.

We have spoken to builders and they are coming up with $700-1000 per sqm and it sounds alot to me.

We have started looking into Self build to see if it would reduce the price, has anyone looked into or done this and pro's and con's would help,

We had a large extension in the UK just before we left and the price was alot less than this.

Any information or recommendations of good cheap builders in the Caloundra area would be greatly appreciated or any builder out there who would like a challenge.

look forward to your view

Sara

Guest Tom the Pom
Hello Happy New Year

We are looking to buy a plot of land soon and have been looking at houses to build.

The land is really expensive in QLD at the moment so our plot wont be that big (650) so we are thinking of building 2 storey which leaves us more room in the Garden.

We have spoken to builders and they are coming up with $700-1000 per sqm and it sounds alot to me.

We have started looking into Self build to see if it would reduce the price, has anyone looked into or done this and pro's and con's would help,

We had a large extension in the UK just before we left and the price was alot less than this.

Any information or recommendations of good cheap builders in the Caloundra area would be greatly appreciated or any builder out there who would like a challenge.

look forward to your view

Sara

I read somewhere that 'self builders' have to do a course first. This should be checked out as you don't want all your hard work to be pulled down.

Guest theweekshousehold

Havent got that far yet, but there are companies out there who you can buy a self build from.

I read somewhere that 'self builders' have to do a course first. This should be checked out as you don't want all your hard work to be pulled down.

Guest Tom the Pom
Havent got that far yet, but there are companies out there who you can buy a self build from.

You mean a kit house???

Try Google or similar to find firms.

There are lots of people on Oz ebay selling house plans

eBay Australia - house plans, house plans Home, Building Materials, DIY, Home Décor, Pet Supplies items at low prices

but that might be a bit out of your league if you haven't done anything like this before. I dare say with a kit house you might need a hand anyway as they aren't as straight forward as they would have you believe - don't get me wrong if you know what you are doing they will be done in no time, get it wrong and you''ll regret it for life.

Archived