So frustrated

Guest Serenity

Guest Serenity

Christmas had a dark cloud over it. Everyone keeps asking when we will be leaving and all we can say is we are still waiting for the visa. I am so fed up. I keep logging in here and reading everyone else's thoughts and you all seem to be coping so well. I am really happy for everyone that gets their visa because I know how stressful it is waiting but I keep wondering why it can't be me. :arghh:No one else seems to be waiting for a RSMS visa and the Austimeline site doesn't have many in the same boat either. I asked my employer-to-be to see if they could speed things up because they want me to start in Jan or Feb but they got back telling me that they had tried and were told they couldn't be told anything due to privacy laws etc. Why then have others on here had their visa expediated by their employers? :cry:

I wish I knew when this eternal limbo would end. We are living with our in-laws since we sold our house and although they are fabulous there is nothing like having your own place and your own life together!

Good luck to everyone else I hope we get a bunch of those golden letters in the New Year.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Easy to say when I am here I know BUT you have to be patient and expect a long wait! Depending on which VISA some can wait 9-12 months just to get a case officer!!!

We lived with family before moving out here and like you,,they were great but i sooo wanted my own space.You feel like your in never never land waiting for an answer dont you? but ,,,itll be worth it once you step off that plane and then youve a whole lifetime to explore this lovely country ,,good luck with everything,keep smiling and i hope you hear soon

Cal x

the visa was the easy bit for us ,its the sale of our house which is stopping us its a killer!it will creep up and bite you on the bum you will get there dont put pressure on yourself about things out of your control it only adds to the weight load you are already carrying all the best good luck

Hi Serenity,

I am in exactlly the same boat as you! I was expecting to hear from my CO with the good news before Christmas, but when I heard from her it was, her asking for more paperwork aaahhhh! I won't be able to sort any of this out until after the New Year, so I feel like my life has been put on hold until then.

Every conversation comes around to "When are you going?" and the answer is always "When the Visa is sorted" Actually we are not planning on moving to brisbane until August, so I do have a little while to go, but I just want to get the go ahead so we can start making our plans etc.

The good thing about coming onto PIO is that we know we are not the only ones waiting and waiting and waiting.........................

Hope you dont have to wait to much longer.

April

It's really hard waiting - Cal and I used to joke that it was a dimia ploy to see if you had a nervous breakdown - if you didn't you were in and if you did you were out!! It makes it more difficult when people are asking you things all the time - we found that we didn't want to talk about it until we got the visa, just in case anything went wrong. The wait is part and parcel of the whole process, then you'll get elated when the visa arrives followed by panic at all the things you still have to do.

Keep smilin - you'll come through the other end

Ali

Archived