Election time WA.

Both majors offering more spending when it's saving we need at the minute.
no, actually it's spending they need at the minute. They should have saved when the boom was on. It's foolish for a government to compete against private industry for labour and capital when those items are at a premium. Makes much more sense when those resources are at a low. Elizabeth quay etc could all be built now for a fraction of what they cost. Now is the time for the government to borrow and invest for the next boom.

Perth is boom bust. I've lived there on and off for Forty years. Next boom will come along soon enough. Probably after 2020 sometime.

Maybe and maybe not. I still think that we need a political party to govern this state who is not about feathering their own nests and who is listening to the people. Why on earth are Libs thinking about selling Western Power to the Chinese? Why would you give away a state-owned utility to another nation just to part pay a huge debt you should never have incurred? Both parties spout what they think the electorate want to hear, but neither of them ever produce their promises in real life or actually listen to the electorate. The train line to Ellenbrook is one such promise. Along with so many other people in WA, I have lost faith in the Libs, Labs and the Greens. So I will be making a protest vote away from them to an independent or One Nation candidate, or my vote will be a donkey vote. I am ashamed to say that I could be wasting my vote, as I have always researched all candidates when voting state or federally, and voted according to my views on their policies. I have been a swinging voter for about 10 years, but no politician in WA in any of the main three parties at the moment inspires me at all. :arghh:

Are One Nation standing?

Yes in many electorates. There is a list on the Western Australian Electoral Commission website...

https://www.elections.wa.gov.au/elections/state/sgelection#/sg2017

Navigate to the electoral division you are in and you can download a list. Mostly in the upper house from what I can see though. More research tomorrow...

Yes in many electorates. There is a list on the Western Australian Electoral Commission website...

https://www.elections.wa.gov.au/elections/state/sgelection#/sg2017

Navigate to the electoral division you are in and you can download a list. Mostly in the upper house from what I can see though. More research tomorrow...

It will be interesting how they get on, I see they are doing well in Queensland, I wonder if that will be repeated elsewhere.

Maybe and maybe not. I still think that we need a political party to govern this state who is not about feathering their own nests and who is listening to the people. Why on earth are Libs thinking about selling Western Power to the Chinese? Why would you give away a state-owned utility to another nation just to part pay a huge debt you should never have incurred? Both parties spout what they think the electorate want to hear, but neither of them ever produce their promises in real life or actually listen to the electorate. The train line to Ellenbrook is one such promise. Along with so many other people in WA, I have lost faith in the Libs, Labs and the Greens. So I will be making a protest vote away from them to an independent or One Nation candidate, or my vote will be a donkey vote. I am ashamed to say that I could be wasting my vote, as I have always researched all candidates when voting state or federally, and voted according to my views on their policies. I have been a swinging voter for about 10 years, but no politician in WA in any of the main three parties at the moment inspires me at all. :arghh:
you never waste your vote. Having worked as a vote counter, there are often many creative voting slips which give a chuckle to those counting.

N