Where to live in NSW??

Andii12

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of applying to migrate to Australia later this year and wondered if anyone here has experience / advice of suburb in NSW?? I be grateful for any advice re areas with good schools, family friendly is a must for our children. We have been looking at areas within a 45 minute commute to Sydney for work purposes.

Thank you,

Andii :smile:

Thank you ScottieGril, I will have a look :-) I have recently accepted employment in Sydney and am now trying to put everything all together which is proving quite difficult from overseas. Yeah we realised the budget will need an increase after researching properties

Thanks

By "Sydney" do you mean Sydney CBD or a suburb? This could make all the difference to the logistics of commuting.

Yep. The city is split by the harbour, if you are working in the city centre then you could look either side. If you are in a suburb you don't want to be the other side of the harbour,crossing it is a nightmare in rush hour traffic

If you are going to be working on the south of the harbour you could consider Sutherland Shire. It is a lovely area within 45-60 minutes commute of the CBD by a (reliable) train service. It is seen as being less desirable than places like the Northern Beaches, so prices are a little bit lower, although they have been going up recently. It is a nice family friendly area with a full range of amenities and also some very good schools. Cronulla/Caringbah are more expensive as they are nearer to the coast, as are places like Yowie Bay and Gymea Bay, but there are lots of other really lovely suburbs which might suit. There is a train line up from Cronulla and also one up from the Illawara area, both of which pass through Sutherland, so being near-ish to the train line would be your best bet.

I'd think impossible to get what you want for $600/week. Further out - Penrith, Richmond etc it would be possible but you'd be looking at a much longer commute (hour and a half?). Plus these areas are very hot in the summer and get down to freezing at night in the winter. I had a brief look - sutherland shire a compromise. Probably 50 mins - 1 hour on the train commute? Take a look at this house/area.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-jannali-420482258