Independant Skilled migrant visa 189 - Points requirement

Kear131

Hi guys,

First time posting on this/any forum but wanted some practical advice on determining the path to navigate in obtaining visa 189!

I have chosen this visa as it fits into my requirements for permenant immigration with my family to australia. The queries I am mainly facing is for point/ means testing, where I am appearing to be just under the threshold of 60 points.

Can someone clarify for me whether I need to boost my points by IELTS from the following circumstances?

Proffesional engineer with Batchelors degree accredited by governing board

UK citizen/ passport since birth

Working experience: 15 years + in engineering environment

Family: Will be dependant on me

Also, final point is that my wife is South African born (English speaking) with a Portuguese passport (Dual nationality) from parentage.

Does she need an English test fo which she is as competent as myself in the language; as she will be under my Visa application?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Hi Wrussell

Can this be done in this forum for consulting an agent? Apologies, I thought that this section was the right place??!!

This section of the forum is to obtain basic advice and direction from Migration Agents.

A full assessment is beyond the scope of the forum.

In your specific case, assessment of your qualifications and employment experience alone would require detailed review of qualifications and employment documents.

As such, advising on points, based on such minimal information would be negligent and not helpful to you.

As Wrussell has suggested, you would be well advised to seek professional advice, to identify a visa strategy specific to you.