cost of home insurance

MichaelDS

Guest The Pom Queen

The best thing to do is find an address on realestate and search using that as a guide. Insurance really does vary, we went from $300 a year in Melbourne, to $10,000 in Cairns, to $3500 in Lockyer Valley. Hopefully Sydney will be cheaper for you.

The best thing to do is find an address on realestate and search using that as a guide. Insurance really does vary, we went from $300 a year in Melbourne, to $10,000 in Cairns, to $3500 in Lockyer Valley. Hopefully Sydney will be cheaper for you.

I understand why Cairns was expensive, but is Lockyer Valley next to a volcano? I pay under a $1000 in Canberra.. :chatterbox:

If you need insurance for a rental you will prob only need contents insurance as the landlrd does building insurance in most cases.

If its for your own home , shop around, RACQ, Woolworths etc are not too bad. I pay $1486 a year for house and contents with all the bells and whistles on it.

Cal x

Guest The Pom Queen
I understand why Cairns was expensive, but is Lockyer Valley next to a volcano? I pay under a $1000 in Canberra.. :chatterbox:

Ours is for building and contents but can't you remember the huge flood in 2011 and then the one in 2013? http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/queensland-floods-death-toll-rises-to-18-20110115-19s68.html

Guest The Pom Queen
If you need insurance for a rental you will prob only need contents insurance as the landlrd does building insurance in most cases.

If its for your own home , shop around, RACQ, Woolworths etc are not too bad. I pay $1486 a year for house and contents with all the bells and whistles on it.

Cal x

What the hell, why are we being charged so much more AGAIN, why do I keep buying in areas that are classed at risk pmsl. I wouldn't mind but in Cairns we were half way up a mountain and had to pay a levy for a Tsunami what the hell.

What the hell, why are we being charged so much more AGAIN, why do I keep buying in areas that are classed at risk pmsl. I wouldn't mind but in Cairns we were half way up a mountain and had to pay a levy for a Tsunami what the hell.

LOL. Are you classed as a flood zone there? we arent here so that could be the difference. I was with Suncorp for years but after the 2011 floods they hiked the premium up that much even though the floods didnt affect us, we swapped to RACQ and my renewal for this year came just last week but i pay monthyl so dont need to do anything.IMG_0544.JPG

Cal x

IMG_0544.JPG

IMG_0544.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! You may search online for the insurance cost. Because there are different rates over different places. And that also depends on the company too. So, take the help from your neighbor or search online about the insurance cost. Also, while registering for insurance, all the aspects need to take care of regarding insurance policy and what damages will cover after the damage.

Edited by calNgary
removed hyperlink

Thanks from me too for all this info about insurance - we haven't even made the move yet and I hadn't really thought much about house insurance but it seems to be much higher than our area of the UK so we'll be doing some research now. As always, poems in Oz is a mine of info, and thanks to OP for posting the question!

Hi there! You may search online for the insurance cost. Because there are different rates over different places. And that also depends on the company too. So, take the help from your neighbor or search online about the insurance cost. Also, while registering for insurance, all the aspects need to take care of regarding insurance policy and what damages will cover after the damage. Read review about the company and the cost.