Get Australian Permanent Residency via Tasmania

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Those who want to call Australia home are often left dejected as their line of work does not fall under the government’s Skilled Occupation List (SOL), but Tasmania has provided answer to their problem.

In Tasmania, there is no occupation ceiling, so if your occupation is not present in the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) you still have hundreds of more options. Moreover, the state is also willing to sponsor you.

There are of course, strings attached. With certain terms and conditions to meet for receiving nomination from the state. Read more here.

The state has broadened the spectrum to accept applications from candidates whose occupations fall under the State Migration Plan as well as Consolidated Skilled Occupations List (CSOL).

Tasmania

This has allowed professionals from hundreds of more occupations to migrate to Australia, with the willing to sponsor them.

In order to migrate to Tasmania, you can apply for following visas:

Skilled Independent Subclass 189

Skilled Nominated Subclass 190

Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489

Applicants must meet both the Department of Immigration and Border Protection requirements and the Tasmanian Government state nomination requirements in order to be eligible for state sponsored visas including, but not limited to, meeting a skills assessment against specified occupations, having a recognised level of English language abilities, and meeting a minimum score on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s ‘Points Test’.

You can check your eligibility from this interactive points calculator:

https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/points_calculator

The air travel time from Melbourne to Tasmania is one hour; and Sydney to Tasmania is 2 hours.

More information can be found here: https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/skilled_migrants

Thank for the great information.

If my memory serves me correctly, one of the conditions of getting the state sponsorship is to complete at least one academic year's study in Tasmania.

However, this information was not found on their website so I am wondering if the state government has made the criteria lower.

Would be great if someone could give me most up to date information.

Thanking you in advance.

PS : Currently waiting for 186(DE) approval however would like to use Tasmania as my plan B.