first there was hurricane katrina

bunbury61

Then a typhoon called haiyan

Not to be out done , today us poms have been through ...wait for it ...drum roll

STORM DORIS

Only the poms .

It reminds of when they had a competition online to name a new boat for the RNLI I think it was .

I think the powers that be had a name like victory or gladiator .

Until the winning entry with the most votes was

BOATY MC BOAT FACE

Only in the u.k folks ....

Stay safe everyone sounds like Doris is causing major problems destruction and even death.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/storm-doris-live-updates-one-9904895

..the Wes midlands was in the eye of the storm ...it was what we used to call " high winds " ...for 3 -4 hours ,a few trees down , it blew my van about a bit on the motorway and a woman died in Wolverhampton ...first bad weather of the winter ...another very mild one ...6 years in a row now

Forget how the papers spin it , I was in it driving down the m6 from stoke into the westvmidlands

It completely missed us here. It was a bit dull and drizzly, but that was about it. My parents are in Cheshire and they said it was pretty bad for a while, and planes trying to land at Manchester were having a hard time of it, but it seemed to pass quite quickly.

This winter has been really good up here - much better than last year which was dull, cloudy and wet. This one has been mostly bright and sunny with a few frosts, but no snow (again). Really lovely.