Getting a residency after completion of Mater of Environment

vaibhavi sharma

I hold an Honours in Chemistry from the University of Delhi, I have come to Australia for the Mater of Environment, after completion of my course will i be able to land a permanent residency or not, given that the Environmental health officer has been removed from the skilled occupation list, if not possible could you suggest me any alternative programs that could give me the opportunity to get a permanent residency.

I know someone who finished their Masters and was offered a research position, and so they could stay in Oz due to having an employer to sponsor a 457, but this is very rare. VeryStormy is spot on above, in that most of the skilled assessment visas do require a substantive level of work experience and most students would go to their home country, acquire this experience, and then try and migrate to Australia. The only other alternative is to continue to doctorate level, which would obviously let you stay in the country for another 3-4 years. However, neither of the above automatically lead to PR.

I hold an Honours in Chemistry from the University of Delhi, I have come to Australia for the Mater of Environment, after completion of my course will i be able to land a permanent residency or not, given that the Environmental health officer has been removed from the skilled occupation list, if not possible could you suggest me any alternative programs that could give me the opportunity to get a permanent residency.

Depending on when you obtained your student visa and how long your Masters course is for, you may qualify for a 2 year graduate skilled visa.

Not enough information to advise in regards to Permanent Residency.

Obtain professional advice early so you can determine your visa options and plan a pathway.

Master of Environment won't make you an EHO, you need to do a recognised course, and then obtain several years of experience as an EHO in order to meet the requirements, but at present it is removed due to enough domestic talent according to EHA. Qualifications without experience are unlikely to assist in residency or in securing a role. I'm sure it's not impossible, but what are your reasons for completing a Masters in Environment (environmental what, engineering, health, safety, planning?) as this will tell you your fields and what the job prospects/visa options might be in them.

Good luck regardless.