from Uk want to make friends around Sydney

vijayuk

hI everyone living up to 40 miles nearby Sydney.

want to make friends as i am still in U.K and plan to move to Australia in six months time.

I am about to sell everything i have here in U.K.

i am 54 years don't know yet which category visa i can apply for.but one thing is sure that i have makeup my mind that i want to move to Australia.

....i am still in U.K and plan to move to Australia in six months time

I am about to sell everything i have here in U.K.

i am 54 years don't know yet which category visa i can apply for.but one thing is sure that i have makeup my mind that i want to move to Australia.

It would be very foolish to sell anything in the UK until a visa has been granted. Many applicants are refused. Even if it is granted, you have no way of knowing how long it would take.

No no i haven't got visa yet.I have made up my mind to move to Australia for ever.I am ready to sell everything and go and i am serious about that.U.K is too depressing for me i have lived more than 30 years here for one or the other reasons but its enough now.

• 4 weeks later...

@vijayuk

I'm 54 too, l've been in Sydney for over 3 years and I'm sorry to let you know but wanting to move to Australia forever may be more difficult than you realise. The cut off point for permanent residency and citizenship is 50 years old unless you are a professional who earns in the region of above AU$140,000 per annum for a three year period prior to application - l don't, so l can only stay here as long as l am working and renewing 4 year sponsorship visas, once l cannot get a visa renewed then l must leave Australia within 60 days.

The rule prior to 50 years old are, working for the same employer on a sponsorship visa for two years, you are then entitled to apply for a permanent residency which lasts for 5 years; you are then entitled to apply for citizenship after two years PR, which is virtually guaranteed as the PR is the more difficult of the two to acquire.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Good luck.

Joe