Need help with PR (subclass 189) application

Hi,

I submitted my EOI on 19/02/2017. My points tally was 65. I believe no documents (supporting my point claims) can be uploaded along with EOI in SKillSelect. These documents will be uploaded in my ImmiAccount when I apply for the visa. Is that right?

Now, I have been reading the official webpage of DIBP to check for the documents required. I got confused with the following section:

[h=3]Evidence of English language ability – Invited applicant[/h]Evidence that at time of invitation you had at least Competent English. If you are relying on English language testing then provide a copy of your test results from a specified English language test undertaken in the three years immediately before you were invited to apply for this visa.

What does it mean by "immediately before you were invited to apply for this visa" ? When and where exactly I need to upload a copy of my TRF?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pradeep

Hi,

Yes you have to wait until you have your immiaccount until you upload evidence. If you are claiming extra points for English language using an IELTS, the certificate has to be dated within the 2 years before you get invited to apply for visa. It may be 3 years for other tests, I've heard of a Pearson one but I don't know what that is.

Hope that helps.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I got your point. I think I read that line incorrectly and thought the TRF should be uploaded right before an invitation is sent to apply for this visa. But they were actually talking about the English exam.

Another thing, medical check-ups need to be done after lodging the visa or before?

And, Police verification only if I am asked to do so (after lodging the visa)?

Regards,

Pradeep

Hi,

Yes you have to wait until you have your immiaccount until you upload evidence. If you are claiming extra points for English language using an IELTS, the certificate has to be dated within the 2 years before you get invited to apply for visa. It may be 3 years for other tests, I've heard of a Pearson one but I don't know what that is.

Hope that helps.

DIBP accepts the English test results as long as the test was taken within 3 years before the invitation.

You will have to do both police checks and medicals. Some people choose to do them before an invite but it is a risk because you have to enter Australia 12 months after the date of the medical or police certificate which ever comes first

What? I didn't get that.

I have to wait for 12 months to enter into Australia after the Visa has been granted? This can't be true!!!!

DIBP accepts the English test results as long as the test was taken within 3 years before the invitation.

Yes. Thank you. I got that.

Could you please confirm if what Barry1986 said is right? Is there a restriction (or a wait) before I can enter into Australia after the Visa is granted? I am planning to go soon after I have the visa. I need to join a job at the earliest.

Could you please confirm if what Barry1986 said is right? Is there a restriction (or a wait) before I can enter into Australia after the Visa is granted? I am planning to go soon after I have the visa. I need to join a job at the earliest.

No he means you have to enter Australia within 12 months of your medical/pcc. So before 1 year is up!

No he means you have to enter Australia within 12 months of your medical/pcc. So before 1 year is up!

Thanks.

That is what I expected. Barry totally got me when he used the word "after".

By the way, does anyone know if the police verification from Australia takes time? I have lived in Australia for quite a long time (~ 5 years).

Could you please confirm if what Barry1986 said is right? Is there a restriction (or a wait) before I can enter into Australia after the Visa is granted?

I am planning to go soon after I have the visa. I need to join a job at the earliest

All sorted then : )

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Thanks.

That is what I expected. Barry totally got me when he used the word "after".

By the way, does anyone know if the police verification from Australia takes time? I have lived in Australia for quite a long time (~ 5 years).

I got my Australian police clearance in about 2 weeks and that was including postage to the uk, so probably quicker if you're already in Australia.

You'll need one from all countries you've spent over 12 months in during the past 10 years, my wife's Vietnamese one took about 5 weeks and no end of messing about, also delayed our visa. So if you need one from a difficult country I'd recommend applying for it as soon as you get the invite from the EOI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk