Get your flu jab.

Lurkio

Obviously not medical advice, but we've been here 3 years and the beloved hubster has had the flu twice! There are people here from all over and they are concentrated in small areas. Maybe there are different strains that we Poms haven't been in contact with previously? But amyway - flu jab!!!!!

This winter we have had the hundred day cough in the North.

It's not nice.

Winter is coming.

I think, fingers crossed, I'm at the end of this now. Had it since New Year and sound like I've got a 40 a day habit! It's nowhere near as bad as Whooping Cough, but it's definitely not nice.

I think, fingers crossed, I'm at the end of this now. Had it since New Year and sound like I've got a 40 a day habit! It's nowhere near as bad as Whooping Cough, but it's definitely not nice.
I have had a cold on and off since before Xmas, but fortunately it's stayed away from my chest. I doubt the flu jab would have helped, but the pneumonia jab may have.

I have had a cold on and off since before Xmas, but fortunately it's stayed away from my chest. I doubt the flu jab would have helped, but the pneumonia jab may have.

I'm glad you've not had this - it completely floored me for over a week and I had time off work which is unheard of! I doubt the flu jab would have prevented it either - too many different strains around for it to be a perfect science.