Submitted visa application 18th February. Anyone else?

Barry1986

Hi we submitted our visa application on the 18th of February. Uploaded documents over the weekend,police checks done medicals done. Just seeing if anyone is in a smiler position to us. Hope for a quick grant.

I'm very jealous. I want to get mine submitted but I'm still waiting for SA. I'm hoping mine will be a quick grant too but I have a feeling my medical is going to get referred :( Want to have my notice in at the end of June but that is feeling optimistic now :(

Hey, I'm in the same boat! Lodged 189 today. Just received my HAP number so booked medicals for next week, waiting on PCC from Oz to arrive and then will upload all before CO gets in contact! So excited. Good luck everyone! Hope it's a fast grant for all of you! I'm hoping to hand notice into work end of March (I have to give 3 months) and we really wanna be on our way in July...

Hi :) I lodged my PMV on the 21st Feb. I've got my HAP number but I'm not sure about when to book my medicals. I've read forums saying it's up to 14 month wait at the moment??? :( Since the medicals last 12 months I was just going to delay them until under 12 months or until I'm asked to. :unsure:

Hi All - Submitted our sponsored 187 visa for Alice Springs on 24/10/16 - All medicals completed in November and immi account states - no further action req. Police clearance and form 80 submitted on 06/01/17 - As of today have not heard a thing. Our MA says there is a back log with applications and the waiting time could be anything up to 9 months.:mad: Anyone in a similar position? - We reside in the UK

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, yes I had a co allocated today & ask for more information!! After I wanting to fill a form 80 my agent said no, we probably won't need it. They've requested for my partner only & want proof of PTE sent direct from the online system! How's your app going Barry?

waiting. When did you submit? We both did form 80 so we already uploaded those. Should hopefully go straight to grant. Fingers crossed anyway

Barry1986 said:
waiting. When did you submit? We both did form 80 so we already uploaded those. Should hopefully go straight to grant. Fingers crossed anyway

On the 21/02 so only 2 weeks ago. I'm angry though as I wanted to front load form 80 & 1221 but my agent said 'no, don't worry we are rarely asked for 1221 and we don't want to volunteer unnecessary information on a form 80 unless they want it.' I thought well of course they'll want it, my partner and I had 3 police checks from Ireland, Aus & NZ of course they'll wanna know more about this. Anyways, looking on the bright side, I am glad to have heard from CO at least. It has taken every ounce of my energy to do the form 80- like what on earth, we've travelled the world and lived abroad so much it was a nightmare doing dates! Don't even get me started on my partners work history which he hadn't a proper clue about dates or addresses as he works in construction. :arghh: I am a little OCD I know all the dates, addresses, post codes etc of everything I needed. Lucky you Katherine, I was so hoping to be a 'lucky' one! It all depends on your ANSZCO code too though I think. Fingers crossed for you Barry that you get a direct grant in the next couple of days, I am addicted to tracker have you used it? It feels like my whole life is resolving around Australia atm!

Dragonflygecko said:
On the 21/02 so only 2 weeks ago. I'm angry though as I wanted to front load form 80 & 1221 but my agent said 'no, don't worry we are rarely asked for 1221 and we don't want to volunteer unnecessary information on a form 80 unless they want it.' I thought well of course they'll want it, my partner and I had 3 police checks from Ireland, Aus & NZ of course they'll wanna know more about this. Anyways, looking on the bright side, I am glad to have heard from CO at least. It has taken every ounce of my energy to do the form 80- like what on earth, we've travelled the world and lived abroad so much it was a nightmare doing dates! Don't even get me started on my partners work history which he hadn't a proper clue about dates or addresses as he works in construction. :arghh: I am a little OCD I know all the dates, addresses, post codes etc of everything I needed. Lucky you Katherine, I was so hoping to be a 'lucky' one! It all depends on your ANSZCO code too though I think. Fingers crossed for you Barry that you get a direct grant in the next couple of days, I am addicted to immi tracker have you used it? It feels like my whole life is resolving around Australia atm!

Hi, I am being nosey from the January 189 group! I am intrigued by this tracker you mention, what is it? I submitted final documents on Friday 3rd March so now I am just waiting. It is driving me insane!

On the 21/02 so only 2 weeks ago. I'm angry though as I wanted to front load form 80 & 1221 but my agent said 'no, don't worry we are rarely asked for 1221 and we don't want to volunteer unnecessary information on a form 80 unless they want it.' I thought well of course they'll want it, my partner and I had 3 police checks from Ireland, Aus & NZ of course they'll wanna know more about this. Anyways, looking on the bright side, I am glad to have heard from CO at least. It has taken every ounce of my energy to do the form 80- like what on earth, we've travelled the world and lived abroad so much it was a nightmare doing dates! Don't even get me started on my partners work history which he hadn't a proper clue about dates or addresses as he works in construction. :arghh: I am a little OCD I know all the dates, addresses, post codes etc of everything I needed. Lucky you Katherine, I was so hoping to be a 'lucky' one! It all depends on your ANSZCO code too though I think. Fingers crossed for you Barry that you get a direct grant in the next couple of days, I am addicted to immi tracker have you used it? It feels like my whole life is resolving around Australia atm!

I didn't use an agent so was working on what I had read and worked out online. I am going on an ANSZCO that they need lots of and don't seem to have had many applications for and I uploaded as much evidence as I could related to what they asked for. Degree cert. professional registration, work references, cv, my skills assessment that confirmed my work experience. I don't have a complicated work history and I am going alone so it was probably a relatively simple application. I agree about the travel movements on form 80 though. In 10 years I've been to 23 countries on 48 separate trips. took me ages to work it all out, but did it before I even lodged my EOI so I was prepared when I was invited. I still have no idea why my grant was so quick though.