Provisional Visa Subclass 309 and partner migrant visa subclass 100 Question

LaddermanUS

Hello everyone. I have just placed my application for the above visa, my wife is Aussie. Am I right in saying that some applicants move to Oz BEFORE this type of visa is granted (using the tourist 12 month visa) and then just exiting and re-entering Australia when its granted to activate the visa? Have I understood that right ?

Yes some people do as the visa takes months to process but you also have to do a medical. Some people wait to be asked to do this by the Case Officer (CO) who will assess your application. When they do ask you to go and get the medical usually you know that the rest of your application is ok. Otherwise the CO will ask for more information or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Some do. It's not the greatest way to go about it though. If you wanted to move to Aus sooner your may have been better to have lodged an onshore application that would have given you work rights and meant you could stay in Aus while waiting for the grant.

Edited by Guest
Typo

Some do. It's not the greatest way to go about it though. If you wanted to move to Aus sooner your may have been better to have lodged an onshore application that would have given you work rights and meant you could stay in Aus while waiting for the grant.

We aren't quite ready yet anyway and have five young children, so we saw it as safer to do it from the UK where we already live. It was just a case as exploring every avenue if the visa took longer than what appears to be the 'average' 8 months or so

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Muttley said:

Quick question!!

Is a form 80 needed for a partner visa application or is it just 40SP and 47SP?

Thanks!!

I did the Form 80 which I think is fairly similar to the 1221 which a mate of mine completed rather than the 80. Much of a muchness. We both got our 100 visas within 3 months. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Beffers said:

I did the Form 80 which I think is fairly similar to the 1221 which a mate of mine completed rather than the 80. Much of a muchness. We both got our 100 visas within 3 months. 

Nice!

I did one for my PR not all that long ago so i guess should be all that difficult to ammend, my partners one might be a ballache though!!