Partner visa and Parent visa Sponsor Issue

cherrygn

Hi all, just a quick question, hopefully someone can shed some light to this maybe stupid question, thank you in advance.

I am currently sponsoring my partner for the 820 partner visa.

My parents also intend to move to AU to live here. Would I be able to sponsor them?

Or the five years sponsorship restriction also apply to non-partner sponsorship visa?

Thank you very much!

Hi all, just a quick question, hopefully someone can shed some light to this maybe stupid question, thank you in advance.

I am currently sponsoring my partner for the 820 partner visa.

My parents also intend to move to AU to live here. Would I be able to sponsor them?

Or the five years sponsorship restriction also apply to non-partner sponsorship visa?

Thank you very much!

The five year thing is to do with Partner visas only. Parent visas are entirely separate and sponsoring your partner won't affect them.

Although you cannot sponsor them until you have been settled in Australia for two years, also assuming they meet the balance of family test and other criteria.

Hi Rammygirl, thank you for the information.

I got my PR in Feb 2014 and citizenship in Dec 2015. So does it start counting from Feb 2014?

Thank you again!