Shipping unaccompanied personal effects - 651 visa

baggo

Has anyone every shipped their items with a tourist/business visa? We're waiting on our visa coming through (457) and fully expect it in the next 6 weeks. We have valid 651s until November. We figure that with the transit time to ship, to wait until a 457 is granted could cause a long unnecessary delay.

The B534 form gives an option to tick if on a 'tourist' visa so I assume from that it's OK. Anyone who has done so and not had any problems (or had problems!) with customs?

Thanks

B

Guest The Pom Queen

To be honest I would have thought customs wouldnt have cared but then we didn't ship our belongings over. I've known people ship containers over of goods to sell at shows once they arrive weeks later and have never had a problem.

Has anyone every shipped their items with a tourist/business visa? We're waiting on our visa coming through (457) and fully expect it in the next 6 weeks. We have valid 651s until November. We figure that with the transit time to ship, to wait until a 457 is granted could cause a long unnecessary delay.

The B534 form gives an option to tick if on a 'tourist' visa so I assume from that it's OK. Anyone who has done so and not had any problems (or had problems!) with customs?

Thanks

B

The last time I asked our partner in Australia this question they said you can ship on any visa.

The risk is obviously in the (hopefully) unlikely event that your visa is not granted that you may incur additional costs if you have to ship everything back, which is why a lot of people wait before shipping.