Moving to Melbourne - Real estate work for me

Rachelhp

Hi there...

I'm a newbie, looking at moving over to Melbourne (Dingley Village/Springvale/Keysborough area) in July with hubby and 2 kids. Hubby is sorted with a job but I'm just checking out opps for me in the real estate biz if I get my certificate, will there be many opportunities for me to find work? Been an agent for years... Don't hate me some of us are ok lol.

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Also hoping to chat to (and eventually meet) any mums and people generally in that area? I have a 3 and a half year old boy and a 16 year old boy.

Fortunately we already know a family in that area but they are probably sick of me and my questions so wanted to share the joy!

Thank you!

Rachel in Somerset at the mo.

Hi and thank you for your response! Still very early days in terms of locations but it's just a place name on the map really at the moment, why? Is it dodgy? lol. Our friends are in Dingley. Impossible to see what is good and not, so much information and personal opinion. Really looking at affordability, distance for hubby to get to work.

I think we'll get a temporary place first and check everywhere out when we get there.

Thank you for the info that's great.

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi and thank you for your response! Still very early days in terms of locations but it's just a place name on the map really at the moment, why? Is it dodgy? lol. Our friends are in Dingley. Impossible to see what is good and not, so much information and personal opinion. Really looking at affordability, distance for hubby to get to work.

I think we'll get a temporary place first and check everywhere out when we get there.

Thank you for the info that's great.

My husband as a family member who moved out here as a ten pound Pom. They were all located to a camp site in Springvale and they have never left. It's not a place I would live, all the shops cater for the Vietnamese as that's mainly what the population is around there with a few gangs. Look, I've never lived there and she seems happy there so maybe you will like it as well. Personally, Noble Park, Heatherton, Doveton and Dandenong aren't for me either. Any of the other suburbs around there you should be ok with. Mordialloc, Mentone, Beaumaris, Brighton, Bentleigh and Oakleigh are nice.