Skill assessment for Skilled Occupation - IT Professional

Sasidhar

Hi,

Can someone please let me know how the skill assessment works for Skilled Occupation of IT Professional by ACS. Isn't that Master's degree (2 year study) from Australian University or equivalent institute in ICT major enough to meet the criteria, or 2 year work experience is required along with the degree.

I got Master of Science (MS) degree, 2 year full-time study, in Computers & information Science (CIS) from State University of New York Polytechnic Institute (SUNY Poly, Utica, New York, USA). I did my B.Tech from JNTU, India in Electronics & Communications stream. I also got certifications from Oracle, namely Oracle Certified Java 6 Programmer (OCJP 6) & Oracle Certified Associate - Database Administration (Oracle 11g). But, I don't have 2 years work experience yet.

Please let me know if I can get positive skill assessment to apply for 489 subclass visa.

IT Professional is not an occupation. The ACS assesses a number of occupations in the IT field, so you first need to decide which occupation you are being assessed under.

The name of your qualification is not enough to assess whether you meet the requirements, as ACS will assess course content to determine if the field of study is closely related to your nominated occupation.

Depending on how your qualifications are assessed by ACS, you will require anywhere from 2 to 6 years of employment experience to meet the ACS skills assessment criteria.

IT Professional is not an occupation. The ACS assesses a number of occupations in the IT field, so you first need to decide which occupation you are being assessed under.

The name of your qualification is not enough to assess whether you meet the requirements, as ACS will assess course content to determine if the field of study is closely related to your nominated occupation.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Hi, I am working as Software Engineer, but the experience is less than 1 year in US.

However, in India I have 1.5 year of work experience as Systems & Network Engineer in a private school. I do have offer letter, experience letter given by them, but I was paid cash in hand every month for the salary, so I don't have any bank statement or income tax form related to my employment there.

Can you please let me know if that counts towards acceptable work experience.

Edited by Sasidhar

Please be mindful that the purpose of this forum is to liaise with Agents and obtain some general advice to point you in the right direction.

It is not meant to obtain an assessment on your particular matter, as this is not possible based on minimal information.

To try to give specific advice on a complex matter, based on such little information, would be doing you a disservice.