The Great British Queue!

Bound4Tassie

In my experience in Europe, the U.K people are the ONLY nation that queue. Aussie's do as well. I've noticed in work where we have a large Asian clientele that they as a culture don't queue and clearly struggle with pleases and thank you's too. It's obviously just something they don't "do"

Love a good queue ....traffic or pedestrian .....it makes a man out of you .

Worst queue behaviour I have seen

1 - Disneyland Florida waiting for the buses ....brits queueing as gold ...bus turns up , people queue jumping and all sorts ...so rude ,that's why they ain't British

2 - a beauty ...disney again ...but a hotel at Disneyland Paris .

All the Brits queuing orderly for the lifts in the hotel with their cases ....lift arrives on the ground floor ....all the Japanese rush forward from the back to jump in the lifts .....THIS GIRL ,WHO I FOUND OUT WAS FROM YORKSHIRE ....STOPS THEM ALL AND STARTS BERATING THEM ....GET TO THE BACK OF THE QUEUE ...WE WERE HERE FIRST ....

2 - a beauty ...disney again ...but a hotel at Disneyland Paris .

All the Brits queuing orderly for the lifts in the hotel with their cases ....lift arrives on the ground floor ....all the Japanese rush forward from the back to jump in the lifts .....THIS GIRL ,WHO I FOUND OUT WAS FROM YORKSHIRE ....STOPS THEM ALL AND STARTS BERATING THEM ....GET TO THE BACK OF THE QUEUE ...WE WERE HERE FIRST ....

Did they take any notice of her?!

Went to lidl the other day. Queued up as you do. Woman squeezed past. Excuse me, excuse me. I assumed her partner was ahead in the queue and she was getting a couple of extra bits. Bold as brass she plonks her stuff down at the till, gets it scanned, pays and leaves. She jumped the whole queue. We were too stunned to speak.

Went to lidl the other day. Queued up as you do. Woman squeezed past. Excuse me, excuse me. I assumed her partner was ahead in the queue and she was getting a couple of extra bits. Bold as brass she plonks her stuff down at the till, gets it scanned, pays and leaves. She jumped the whole queue. We were too stunned to speak.

Maybe she was European then?! Surely would be pandemonium if people didn't queue. Can tell I'm British...the idea does not compute!!

Something that has stuck in my memory from 30 years ago driving interstate in the USA. We pulled in at a McDonalds and, unusually for Freeway diners, found ourselves waiting behind someone ordering. In the UK at that time I would queue out of the door at the McDonalds near my office in Portsmouth and nobody ever said a word.

An American guy walked in behind me and after, literally, standing there for 10 seconds sounded off very loudly about the lousy service. "You call this fast food?" He then stormed out shouting that he would take his business elsewhere.

He couldn't have been that hungry as the next rest stop on the freeway was many miles away.

Something that has stuck in my memory from 30 years ago driving interstate in the USA. We pulled in at a McDonalds and, unusually for Freeway diners, found ourselves waiting behind someone ordering. In the UK at that time I would queue out of the door at the McDonalds near my office in Portsmouth and nobody ever said a word.

An American guy walked in behind me and after, literally, standing there for 10 seconds sounded off very loudly about the lousy service. "You call this fast food?" He then stormed out shouting that he would take his business elsewhere.

He couldn't have been that hungry as the next rest stop on the freeway was many miles away.

Definately cutting off his nose to spite his face :laugh:

Edited by LovelyWA

you do tend to get good service in the US with that sort of attitude though.

you do tend to get good service in the US with that sort of attitude though.

TBH.....and is probably for another post ...But ...i didn't find the service any better in the u.s than in the u.k ...in fact I would give the u.k the edge because generally ,the person serving has some level of conversation ...other than " can I help you " and " have a nice day "