Sunshine coast - Nambour

adele244

Hi All,

Hopefully we will be moving over to the Sunshine coast this year as hubby has a job offer in Maroochydore.

We are not bothered about being on the coast I prefer hinterland views etc. The best value property seems to be around Nambour but I have heard mixed reports from "wouldn't live there if you paid me" to "it is has turned around and the next upcoming place to live"

Now the fact that you get so much more for your money should probably ring warning bells or am I wrong and and the cheaper prices are due to it being non-coastal?

Would really appreciated peoples opinions on this place if they know it or any other similar areas to recommend.

Many thanks

Oh and whilst I'm on I am going to push my luck and ask if anyone knows of any good upbeat churches around the sunshine coast.

Thanks again!! x x

I live in Noosa and travel frequently through Nambour to go to the hinterland. It does not have a good reputation. There are several boarded-up shops and few restaurants. It's a bit of a nightmare to park in too and it's generally run down. It does have a train station with direct connections to Brisbane. I believe it has a drug rehabilitation centre as well which does not help its reputation. Up the hill from Nambour is very pleasant and you will get the views from there with a wide choice of suburbs. As for price, I believe in the case of Nambour, you get what you pay for. With so much in new housing in and around Maroochydore (and the Sunshine Motorway heading up to Noosa), I would prefer to be closer to your hubby's work rather than having to cross over the Bruce Highway every day for work.

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :hug:

Ah thats what I thought but thanks for confirming. I didn't know there was a drugs centre there so thanks for that.

Shall look at other areas x x x

Good luck with the search and feel free to get in touch once you arrive.

• 1 year later...

The reason why no one wants to live in Nambour or surrounding areas is that it’s occupied by generations of local families who are, to put it bluntly, assholes.  They all know each other, god help you if any personal information gets out about you or one of them decides they don’t like you.  For short stays, highly recommended, beautiful place.  Long term, forget it, they are BACKWARD.

HI Adele,

We lived in Palmwoods for about 10 years straight from the UK. It gives you the option of being out of the hustle and bustle and you can decide to go to sea or to mountain. It was a 20-25 minute pleasant commute to Maroochydore for work. However I understand in the 3 years I've been off the coast it has grown VERY busy, it was getting that way when we left. My two cents....... look at Buderim and choose the hinterland side of the hill, far cheaper than ocean views! 

I think if you move out to nambour you'll forever be commenting to the coast for everything, we did. It was great to be home I'm Palmwoods at the xmas period though away from tourists. 

Consider Palmwoods, Woombye, Kiels Mountain, Rosemount, Diddillibah, Mons, Chevallum, Tanawha, Forest Glen, Palmwview and Glen View for $$ land and house size, but remember, land even 800m blocks require gardening in the heat. 

Further in Kuluin, Buderim, Kunda Park, Twin waters, Bli Bli 

Good luck

• Like 1