Final stages of visa application, hope to be living in WA before the years out...

Betteranoopsthanawhatif

Hi,

My husband, myself and two kids aged 7 and 5 are at the medical/police check stage of our skilled permanent visa application.

I have a few questions,

But at the moment my biggest niggle is...

What exactly are they looking for in the Medicals? We are all healthy and bar an asthma inhaler take no meds at all. I'm worrying(like most mum's would I presume) that what if after all this time, money and effort to get this far(we started the whole process Jan 2016!) something nasty gets uncovered and puts a halt on our life plans and all our savings?

I'm also curious as to how people pick an initial location to rent in or school for their kids? Perth is our preferred location to stay (but not in the thick of it) as we know a few people there, but that's not much to go on...

That will do for now.

Thank you for your help! Hoping this is a decent first ever forum entry!

Forum newbie Xx

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to the forum.

'Firstly it sounds like you have nothing at all to worry about with the medicals. I had had cancer, was overweight, asthma and my son had ADHD and they let us in. However, I was like you and I was so scared that the families dream to move could have been stopped because of me.

In regards to suburbs join http://www.perthpoms.com it is our sister Forum and a very friendly and helpful one. When we made the move we looked for recommendations on the forums and then took out a short term holiday rental for a month whilst we had a look around. It's funny as we didn't choose the suburb that I had set my mind in before leaving. Don't worry about getting the children in to school straight away. We didn't enrol ours until 3 months after we landed. But if you are getting a rental check what school zone you will be in and what the school is like first.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We are in a similar situation, our visas were granted this morning. We want to go to Perth too, and our kids are about the same age. Hope to leave here at the end of this school year, or earlier (June or July). The medicals should be fine, it's fairly straight forward, our kids didn't get much apart from weight and height checked.

Not sure where to start on choosing a suburb, it seems quite tricky to get the rental, school and work to all tie in together, but very excited now we have the visas

Hi,

We are in a similar situation, our visas were granted this morning. We want to go to Perth too, and our kids are about the same age. Hope to leave here at the end of this school year, or earlier (June or July). The medicals should be fine, it's fairly straight forward, our kids didn't get much apart from weight and height checked.

Not sure where to start on choosing a suburb, it seems quite tricky to get the rental, school and work to all tie in together, but very excited now we have the visas

Congratulations!

B