Sending parcel to Australia

Bound4Tassie

Been going through the Parcel Monkey site and it asked for an item by item breakdown of what is in the box. Bit annoying as it is already sealed up. The box is full of children's clothes mostly. I think I would have to declare each t shirt/ jumper/pair of trousers!! Is this actually the case? You can't just put children's clothes for use once emigrated?!

Also took it to P.O. To weigh and find out how much pareclforce worldwide would be. We were quoted £140.ish for 12kg box (40x40x40cm). When I put this into the parcel monkey it gives a Parcelforce quote same service for £78!! What's The reason for this?! Are the P.O. Creaming off a massive profit??

Edited by Bound4Tassie

Guest The Pom Queen

Cerberus uses Parcel Monkey on a monthly basis so I have just asked him.

He says he only puts an approx item breakdown. So you could guess at 10 jumpers, 20 tops etc. He says he would even just put children's clothes x 30. He says make sure you keep the value below £400 then you don't get stung with import duty.

Re Parcel Monkey prices it always comes with one of the top couriers and at a fraction of the price, hubby thinks this is probably because they get a huge discount.

Thanks that's very useful. Also in the package is a nice cutlery set which flagged up a warning. I can't see that a normal cutlery set would be a problem for customs would it? ( No sharp/chopping knives)

Oh , and as far as value is it 2nd hand value ( clothes are not new ) or what it would cost to buy it all again?

Edited by Bound4Tassie

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks that's very useful. Also in the package is a nice cutlery set which flagged up a warning. I can't see that a normal cutlery set would be a problem for customs would it? ( No sharp/chopping knives)

Oh , and as far as value is it 2nd hand value ( clothes are not new ) or what it would cost to buy it all again?

Second hand value. Not sure on cutlery sorry