Plaster board companies/Jobs

Hi all,

My husband currently works in the plaster board industry in UK and we was wondering if there are similar jobs in Australia?

He does shift work as the job role involves making plaster board for building companies/suppliers. We also wonder what the pay would be like?

He earns a decent wage for UK standards in this job role but as the building industry obviously relies on plasterboard for the thousands of homes that are built in Australia every year, there must be factories around that make it?

Thanks in advance.

Boral, CSR, Lafarge are three manufacturers I know of, a massive industry as nearly every house is dry lined construction, either on timber frame or dab and stick, I have yet to see any two coat plaster. Cannot help on pay rates.

Good luck

Excuse my ignorance as I'm not in the building profession but is two coat plaster, brick then a grey based coat then a white based coat ? If so this is what our house and all the houses around here on constructed in. All internal walls also?