489 Visa

Moonpie

Hello, I'm wondering if someone could answer what is probably a daft question.

We are looking to make the move to Australia and the best way to do it for us is a 489 visa with myself as the main applicant. However, although my job is on the SOL it is likely to come off soon from what I have been hearing and jobs are becoming pretty scarce. In all honesty Im open to a change of career in any case. So my question is, to fulfil the requirements of a 489 i have to live in the area for 2 years and work for at least 1 year, does that job have to be in the occupation that I had when my visa was granted? I assume the answer is yes but i can't find anything definitive that confirms this.

TIA

Julie

Hello,

You can work full time in any field. It is not mandatory to work in your nominated occupation.

Hello, I'm wondering if someone could answer what is probably a daft question.

We are looking to make the move to Australia and the best way to do it for us is a 489 visa with myself as the main applicant. However, although my job is on the SOL it is likely to come off soon from what I have been hearing and jobs are becoming pretty scarce. In all honesty Im open to a change of career in any case. So my question is, to fulfil the requirements of a 489 i have to live in the area for 2 years and work for at least 1 year, does that job have to be in the occupation that I had when my visa was granted? I assume the answer is yes but i can't find anything definitive that confirms this.

TIA

Julie