Does it have to be a justice of the peace or notary that certify documents?

SimonandSian

Hi everyone,

i appreciate this has been asked a load of times before but I couldn't find an up to date answer.

We we are in the process of uploading documents for our CO to assess (189 visa).

I cannot l work out if I can get a solicitor to certify documents (passport etc) as I would normally, or if it has to be a justice of the peace or notary instead? What has everyone else done? Surely a regular solicitor is ok?

The other option is on is to upload good quality colour copies instead, will this do for all documents?

Many thanks for for all your help. This is the first stress we have had with the whole process!

Regards,

sian and simon

Thank you so much both! Nice to have clear answers! Less stress now :-)

out of interest paige03, did you apply with children?

They have asked for a polic check for my 3 yr old but not for my husband! I'm presuming it's a mistake and am going to get polic checks for the adults only!

Hi, yes we did. 16 year old and 13 year old. Got a police check for my 16 year old but not the 13 year old. That's very odd, must be a mistake. I'd just get them for them adults.

Thank you so much both! Nice to have clear answers! Less stress now :-)

out of interest paige03, did you apply with children?

They have asked for a polic check for my 3 yr old but not for my husband! I'm presuming it's a mistake and am going to get polic checks for the adults only!

Double check this. You do not need a police check for under 16s. They might have mixed up the applicants. It happens. On one of our visa grants (yes we applied a few times! All successful) they had mixed up the birth dates between me and my son. They corrected it but not until I spotted it and told them.