American Teacher/Musician

Sammy1

This feels rather strange as I am usually one of the regulars popping on here to answer questions about teaching.

However, here goes. I have a very talented American musician friend in the US. He has a four year university music degree (certified to teach K-12 instrumental music), has a masters and also studies towards his doctorate. As a teacher myself, I already am pretty certain he would pass AITSL easily.

He has taught music at both high school and university level and is a well known musician in his own right. He really wants to leave the US (a number of my friends have already left).

Now, I know that secondary teaching is a needed skill, I am just not sure about his age eligibility. He is 46 and very experienced in his profession. I have spoken to him about PR and 457's and thought I would ask for some advice on here.

Also, had a quick look online and found a musician visa, but am really out of my knowledge base on that one.

What do you think are his first steps from the US?

Thank you.

Edited by Sammy1