bricklaying in brisbane

gibby13

Guest The Pom Queen

There seem to be a number of new builds going up in the Lockyer Valley, not sure on Brissy but I wanted to stop by and welcome you to the forum. Have you started the visa process?

Number of points....

You need to get everything in order and take professional advice, we used Thames Migration. You have a long journey in front of you. Ours 189 took 10 months to complete with all background work already completed and me having professional skills in demand.

Building in Brisbane is booming with high demand for most trades in Brisbane, Springfield and GC which are all competing. You would be looking at mid level sites as part of a gang as domestic bricklaying is rare, most small builds are framed and clad.

It is highly unlikely you will secure work before being here. Try and build up savings to be able to last 6 months just in case.

Best of luck and happy to answer any questions. 189 if you can get it is the best visa to aim for as you have no ties to state or employer.

S

Thanks alot srg73 thats very useful information going to get the ball rolling towards the 189 visa in a couple of weeks just need to do my skills assessment and get my certification and apply for my skilled visa , just wanted to make sure there was plent of work in brisbane so i could hopefully start on site within a few months , thanks