Life in Bundaberg

theleggates

Hi,

We are moving back to Australia from Scotland when our permanent residency visa is granted later this year and I have the possibility of a job in Bundaberg. I was just looking for opinions from people who live there or have lived there in what the area is like to live in and what suburbs/areas are the best to live in for a family with young kids (5 and 1 years old). We would probably be looking for a house on the coast rather than in Bundaberg itself as we are used to living by the sea and don't think we could handle not being able to see it! Thanks!

Have you been to Bundaberg ? its a very small city full of stereotypical bogans

I spent 5 months there in 2012 doing my whv and in my opinion its a shocker of a place.

out of interest what job/work have you been offered ?

Bundaberg has grown massively over the last few years and is still growing, its not the back street little hilly billy town it was yonks ago. I dont live there but visit 2 or 3 times a year and think its a really nice place with everything you need on hand. Of course compare it to a city the size of Brisbane and yes its tiny but not everyone wants to live in a big city paying big city prices.

Cal x

No I have never been there before but the small size of it dosent worry me at all. I am from a pretty tiny place in Scotland and we were living in Geraldton,WA in 2014/15 which wasn't a big place so I have no desire to live in a big city. As far as the location is concerned I think its fine but was just wanting to know a bit about the different areas around Bundaberg. I was thinking Elliot Heads, Coral cove and Bargara look like nice areas

Bagara is lovely, we often stay at Bagara beach and it seems lots of people who live there commute into Bundy for work. It is like a little sea side town with shops, a few hotels, restaurants, pub, the beach front gives stunning views over the ocean. I think i could happily live in Bagara Beach if moving up that way.

Have a read of these links

https://www.news-mail.com.au/news/15-reasons-be-glad-you-live-bundaberg-region/2724943/

http://bargara.localstats.com.au/demographics/qld/central-coast/bundaberg-wide-bay/bargara

https://www.homely.com.au/bargara-burnett-wide-bay-burnett-queensland

Cal x

No I have never been there before but the small size of it dosent worry me at all. I am from a pretty tiny place in Scotland and we were living in Geraldton,WA in 2014/15 which wasn't a big place so I have no desire to live in a big city. As far as the location is concerned I think its fine but was just wanting to know a bit about the different areas around Bundaberg. I was thinking Elliot Heads, Coral cove and Bargara look like nice areas

Check out the flood zones before moving, some areas are very prone to it.