Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      873 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by deryans View Post
      Airlines have no problems with firearms as long as they are packed correctly , with correct paperwork (usually sealed, and prepared properly for transport)

I used to work for Qantas amongst other airlines.
      )
      you know you've fired a rifle when you've shot a lee-enfield :
      I had a No 1 which I had as .303 for sentimental value and a Long branch No 4 in 7.62 and a couple of other 7.62's before the law became ridiculous and money became no object for people, the No 4 really used to come into its own at 600yds and beyond, the Longbranch manufacture was known for this, manufacturing tolerances were better I believe

Title
      Liked
      6 times
      Rep
      Thing is the move'll be for next year, and we haven't decided yet on NSW or Queensland. I own a Ruger Precision Rifle in .308 Win and apparently they aren't allowed in Sydney because of the foldable stock (stupid regulation, because it's a bolt-action and inoperable when folded). Hence it's leaning toward Queensland ;-)

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      873 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
      Thing is the move'll be for next year, and we haven't decided yet on NSW or Queensland. I own a Ruger Precision Rifle in .308 Win and apparently they aren't allowed in Sydney because of the foldable stock (stupid regulation, because it's a bolt-action and inoperable when folded). Hence it's leaning toward Queensland ;-)
      I suppose you have checked that with QLD, it might be considered as a assault rifle, I did find the QLD firearms dept would respond to e mails but that was 12 years ago.

Title
      Liked
      6 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by BacktoDemocracy View Post
      I suppose you have checked that with QLD, it might be considered as a assault rifle, I did find the QLD firearms dept would respond to e mails but that was 12 years ago.
      It's sold in QLD, so I don't foresee a problem there. It's not a semi-automatic rifle, it's a bolt-action. Can't imagine why it could be seen as an assault rifle... Because it's black? 'Cause it has a handguard? :-)

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      873 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
      It's sold in QLD, so I don't foresee a problem there. It's not a semi-automatic rifle, it's a bolt-action. Can't imagine why it could be seen as an assault rifle... Because it's black? 'Cause it has a handguard? :-)
      No because it has a folding stock, the Australians tightened up massively after the port Arthur? Massacre in early 2000's, I'm not trying to make a judgement, I've been shooting for 45 years until I gave up due to the regs and the public perception of shooters, I started shooting when you could go to Bisley across London on public transport with 2 rifles in canvas bags.
      Govts are driven by public and police paranoia, it's easier to buy one on the black market than legally own one now.

Title
      Liked
      58 times
      Rep
      Does anybody have info on regs for WA, i have found the licensing info but just trying to find out what will happen. I am really into target shooting, so much so that my masters dissertation is on characterisation of propellant and primer combustion in high accuracy military and police use. We are coming out for a short break next week to show the kids what perth and surrounding area is all about so would be good to scope out ( pun intended) whats about.
      Main applicant : Wife, Nurse, Fit2work :applied 10/3/16, received 21/3/16. AHPRA sent 14/03/16, delivered 24/3/16.acknowledged receipt 30/03/16. registration in principle granted. 14/5/16 presented in person(Perth) 17/10/16. AHPRA full registration 18/10/16.

Title
      Liked
      54 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
      Does anybody have info on regs for WA, i have found the licensing info but just trying to find out what will happen. I am really into target shooting, so much so that my masters dissertation is on characterisation of propellant and primer combustion in high accuracy military and police use. We are coming out for a short break next week to show the kids what perth and surrounding area is all about so would be good to scope out ( pun intended) whats about.

if your dissertation is on that subject, then could your proposed occupation be in that area or strongly related ? In which case you may zero in on the occupational shooter category ?, I think that's certainly worth a shot despite what bureaucratic turrets you may have to climb.

all awful puns intended........
      When I was a kid, it seemed like they made something new every day. Some, gadget or idea, like every day was Christmas. But six billion people, just imagine that. And every last one of them trying to have it all…........

Title
      Liked
      58 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by deryans View Post
      if your dissertation is on that subject, then could your proposed occupation be in that area or strongly related ? In which case you may zero in on the occupational shooter category ?, I think that's certainly worth a shot despite what bureaucratic turrets you may have to climb.

all awful puns intended........
      Awesome, had to rep you for that!

On a side note though my masters is actually a MEng - Mechanical but decided to do something different then everyone else, working with a company caller Extreme Precision which is great fun.
      Main applicant : Wife, Nurse, Fit2work :applied 10/3/16, received 21/3/16. AHPRA sent 14/03/16, delivered 24/3/16.acknowledged receipt 30/03/16. registration in principle granted. 14/5/16 presented in person(Perth) 17/10/16. AHPRA full registration 18/10/16.

Title
      Liked
      6 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
      I'm curious, what's your research question then? (and hypothesis?)

• John Mason International Movers

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12