Agricultural Engineer, Welder, digger driver oppurtunities??

poppy5

Hi I am a 47 year old Agricultural Engineer with my own contracting business in the UK which ive been running for over 25yrs, I'm also a qualified welder and digger driver, can anyone tell me if there is any work opportunities for someone with my experience in Australia?

Experience in baling, ploughing, shed building, concreting, repairing machinery etc and all aspects of farm work, many thanks for any information.

Hi I am a 47 year old Agricultural Engineer with my own contracting business in the UK which ive been running for over 25yrs, I'm also a qualified welder and digger driver, can anyone tell me if there is any work opportunities for someone with my experience in Australia?

Experience in baling, ploughing, shed building, concreting, repairing machinery etc and all aspects of farm work, many thanks for any information.

Your age will probably be the stumbling block if you are looking for permanent residency in Australia as it's hard to get suffcient points over 40. And that's a shame because in regional Australia I imagine you would find work without a problem at all.

Agricultural Engineer is on the SOL - this is the list that enables you to apply for an independent skilled visa (189)

Engineering is a Level 1 occupation which requires a degree & for Engineer it needs to be from a university that has signed up to an international agreement

http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/migration-skills-assessment/choose-correct-assessment-pathway

There is the possibility of applying under CDR - this is where your experience is assessed and you have to demonstrate that you have gained 'degree level' knowledge through experience.

Welder is also on the SOL so that is an option too.

Whether you would still get sufficent points I don't know - I would really suggest an initial assessment with a migration agent (there are several reputable ones that post on here - look at the 'Ask an Agent' section) but if you google 'Online Points Test for Skilled Migration' you can get an initial idea.

You may need state sponsorship to get sufficient points - this shows you the states sponsoring Agricultural Engineers

https://www.anzscosearch.com/233912

Use the same page to look at Welder (there are different types and I don't know which is relevant to you)