Has anybody noticed...

aconcannon

Might have something to do with the difference between Soft and Hard Water (it's what many people blame the difference in the way Tea tastes on) ...

I wondered about that too. Water is considered "hard" if it has a high mineral (calcium and magnesium) content. Also I wondered whether other additives in the water could affect the smell. Chlorine is added to kill off bacteria in drinking water supplies and I know that here in Hobart the amount added in warmer months is higher than in winter. Maybe the overall amount in Australia is higher than the UK because of higher temperatures? Also added fluoride: I believe that there are far fewer areas with this in the UK than in Oz.

My clothes smell lovely, perhaps not the same as the UK but my youngest always gets complimented on how she smells. She doesn't wear any perfume to school so I can only deduce it's her clothing. I use Omo liquid tabs and Comfort Vanilla Orchid Aromatherapy fabric softner. Neither are the cheapest end of the laundry spectrum but I have to have nice smelling washing.

I use the OMO liquid tabs too (both the blue and white ones).