Meet up in Melbourne end of March?

Hi everyone,

My name is Marc and my OH is April and we are coming to Melbourne for a reccie around the end of march and it would be great to meet up with another couple that has made the jump. I'm 28 and my OH is 24, I'm an electrician and she works for a government organisation as a supervisor. We are staying in the Southbank area and will be renting a car so if we need to travel out to somewhere a little closer to you that's totally cool! Would be great to have a chat everything Melbourne and it would be brilliant for my Mrs to meet some people and hear first hand accounts as she's not totally sold on the move, thanks very much, feel free to contact me privately, I'll buy the first round of drinks!! Look forward to meeting you!

Hi everyone,

My name is Marc and my OH is April and we are coming to Melbourne for a reccie around the end of march and it would be great to meet up with another couple that has made the jump. I'm 28 and my OH is 24, I'm an electrician and she works for a government organisation as a supervisor. We are staying in the Southbank area and will be renting a car so if we need to travel out to somewhere a little closer to you that's totally cool! Would be great to have a chat everything Melbourne and it would be brilliant for my Mrs to meet some people and hear first hand accounts as she's not totally sold on the move, thanks very much, feel free to contact me privately, I'll buy the first round of drinks!! Look forward to meeting you!

We've did a reccie last year to Mellie*. Helped us immensely in our decision making process

I'm sure you will meet up with someone likeminded.

We're not over proper ourselves until November 2017 (...is that grammatically correct?)

Enjoy!

B

*Not everyone calls it Mellie

We've did a reccie last year to Mellie*. Helped us immensely in our decision making process

I'm sure you will meet up with someone likeminded.

We're not over proper ourselves until November 2017 (...is that grammatically correct?)

Enjoy!

B

*Not everyone calls it Mellie

haha the Mellie thing was cracking me up when I was reading your thread, some people just didn't let it go, I may even adopt it and that will make 2 of us as users of the word!! how did you organise a meet up, on here?

haha the Mellie thing was cracking me up when I was reading your thread, some people just didn't let it go, I may even adopt it and that will make 2 of us as users of the word!! how did you organise a meet up, on here?

Lol. It might catch on.

Just put your details out there and see who replies :)

B

• 1 month later...

Have fun on your reccie and hopefully it's helpful!

We have been here coming up to two months and are based in South Yarra, but work in Docklands. Happy to meet up and answer any questions re the logistics of moving etc as it's still pretty fresh in our minds haha. I'm 27 and my husband is 35, we are both accountants - feel free to message me if you're keen :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

I am in the last few weeks of life in the UK, heading to Melbourne on the 31st May. 

Single 37 year bloke initially staying in Brunswick until I find my own place, anyone on here with advice, suggestions of where to live ( want to stay close to the CBD)  or if anyone is arranging a meet I would appreciate it. 

Cheers

Dave 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-4-4 at 11:55, Lcsparks said:

HI Marc.  Just seen your messages. How did the move go? I'm an electrician too in Melbourne staying in south bank. But still not yet a sparky. Too much to convert over here. 

Cheers 

We didn't move just yet, it was just a Reccie, but a very successful one!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,we are newbies on here,is everyone leaving the uk [emoji636] or what.me and my partner and of course our 2 dogs are heading out to Melbourne after landing a job in the dock lands area.looking at living around Williams town area and any good advice please .
Kelv & Maz

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• 1 month later...
On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 08:00, kelv said:

hey Kelv. how has the move go? have you sorted your accommodation? 

Hi everyone,we are newbies on here,is everyone leaving the uk emoji636.png or what.me and my partner and of course our 2 dogs are heading out to Melbourne after landing a job in the dock lands area.looking at living around Williams town area and any good advice please .

Kelv & Maz

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz