Cleaning & beauty products

woody123

Hello again

Another question I'm afraid & this one may seem silly but this is the stuff going round and round in my head at the moment!

When shipping to Oz, is there a limit to how much you can take?

Im basically thinking ahead...Im thinking of taking a box full of the cleaning products & toiletries we use here, just so when we're in Oz I won't have to buy it all when we're starting out.

You might think I'm mad but every little helps right? Lol.

Anyone else done or thinking the same?

Many thanks

Woody

Technically if something is less than a year old you need to pay import tax and multiple quantities of the same item would certainly arouse suspicion. If you declare it though I'm not aware there is a limit.

I personally wouldn't bother - unless you are shipping 3 months before you leave then you'll

need to buy all this stuff before your container arrives anyway.

The container will go thorough extreme conditions and I wouldn't risk bottles breaking open and ruining other items.

Cleaning products and toiletries aren't particularly more expensive in Australia anyway. Of course if you have a favourite shampoo or shower gel etc. then just take it in your hols luggage as you would on holiday as it takes a while to get used to new brands.

Agree with the above. We have pretty much the same stuff here. A lot of the same brands as UK. It's really not worth it to ship IMHO.

Edited by Guest
Typo

I brought a plastic box full of toiletries, kids eczma cream etc, it was ,mainly so i didnt run out the first week or two trying to find equivalents. I agree with the above though ,everything is available here some as brands we know, some equivalents so don;t go too over the top.

Cal x