No reply or guidance from the visa people. I can't be the only one

Melli

I'm in the process of applying for my 189 visa as a carpenter. I've recieved a email asking for more information about my self employment history and they want 8 years worth of weekly invoices!!! This cannot be right. Firstly I'm only claiming for 5 years experience and secondly I don't have 8 years worth of invoices. I've tried emailing them but Havnt had a reply. They also don't actually seem to read what I send as they seem to ask for things that have already been attached and provided. Not too sure what I can do. I'm just sending them the invoices I have and all the tax details I have and hoping for the best. Is there anything I can do to get a reply? Or a phone number?

Any help would be appreciated

I'm afraid this is right. Extensive pay evidence is considered critical by DIBP. Also, although you say you are only claiming 5 years for points, the Department may want to verify an additional three years prior to that in order to count as an informal apprenticeship, making 8 years in total. I don't know if that is the situation in your case, but it may be so.

Pay evidence can be in the form of tax returns, annual accounts & accountant letter, bank statements, breakdowns from the Inland Revenue, letters from employers, and pay slips.

The case officer may well only respond once documents have been sent to them, as they may feel that the original request was clear enough.

Regards,

Richard

I'm in the process of applying for my 189 visa as a carpenter. I've recieved a email asking for more information about my self employment history and they want 8 years worth of weekly invoices!!! This cannot be right. Firstly I'm only claiming for 5 years experience and secondly I don't have 8 years worth of invoices. I've tried emailing them but Havnt had a reply. They also don't actually seem to read what I send as they seem to ask for things that have already been attached and provided. Not too sure what I can do. I'm just sending them the invoices I have and all the tax details I have and hoping for the best. Is there anything I can do to get a reply? Or a phone number?

Be mindful that Case Officers are not responsible for providing guidance as their job is to process applications based on documents provided. They can request further documents but will rarely give specific instruction or comment on documents provided.

Yes, this tends to annoy them.

By the way, the talk at the recent DIBP seminar in London was that the old way of having a case officer assigned to a single case for the duration of the application is something that is coming to an end. Due to the move over to a global management system, applications will be assigned and passed between case officers as required.

In fact, many of us have observed this over the past few months so it's happening already.

The advantages are said to be efficiency, in being able to assign and process an increasing number of applications by a reduced staff pool.

The disadvantages include the possibility of confusion as one case officer's interpretation of a piece of evidence or rule may differ from another's, leading to a back and forth with the Department.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard Gregan

Yes, this tends to annoy them.

By the way, the talk at the recent DIBP seminar in London was that the old way of having a case officer assigned to a single case for the duration of the application is something that is coming to an end. Due to the move over to a global management system, applications will be assigned and passed between case officers as required.

In fact, many of us have observed this over the past few months so it's happening already.

The advantages are said to be efficiency, in being able to assign and process an increasing number of applications by a reduced staff pool.

The disadvantages include the possibility of confusion as one case officer's interpretation of a piece of evidence or rule may differ from another's, leading to a back and forth with the Department.

Regards,

Richard

This has been very much my experience. I have had contact from 3 different case officers. Not too sure how this can be better for the visa process as like you said the officer may have a different view and understanding from person to person. The only thing that was worrying me was the fact my case officer couldn't spell some of the words and seemed to have struggle with proper sentences. I know it sounds petty but if this person who cannot spell and write is determining my future then I should at least be able to contact him/her and ask a question. But not much I can do. ( checking for spelling and punctuation ....... and send ) :wink: n

Hi Nello,

I'm a carpenter also applying for 189.

I'm claiming only 5 years also but can't get all the tax documents.

I can only show tax for just over two years.

Plus only have bank statements as well instead of payslips but they don't show my employers name which I think won't be enough for immigration. They make it so difficult..

Have you heard any more from them regarding your application?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi Nello,

I'm a carpenter also applying for 189.

I'm claiming only 5 years also but can't get all the tax documents.

I can only show tax for just over two years.

Plus only have bank statements as well instead of payslips but they don't show my employers name which I think won't be enough for immigration. They make it so difficult..

Have you heard any more from them regarding your application?

nothing as of yet I'm afraid.

It does take a long time and changing case officers cannot help the process as what one exeperienced person sees and knows is acceptable a new person may not see as sufficient as they may not know the system. The hardest part for me was getting some references from companies that have since gone through the hoop. I mean what do I do there? When you try and ask a question and get no answers you just have to guess what they want. It's all paper work etc etc.

i sent it all off again a few weeks ago so will hopefully hear something's. Back around April? Who knows. They will probably want my inside leg measurement and proof that I have bones in my body. I feel these guys know more about me than my wife does!!

oh well hopefully it will all be worth it.

nothing as of yet I'm afraid.

It does take a long time and changing case officers cannot help the process as what one exeperienced person sees and knows is acceptable a new person may not see as sufficient as they may not know the system. The hardest part for me was getting some references from companies that have since gone through the hoop. I mean what do I do there? When you try and ask a question and get no answers you just have to guess what they want. It's all paper work etc etc.

i sent it all off again a few weeks ago so will hopefully hear something's. Back around April? Who knows. They will probably want my inside leg measurement and proof that I have bones in my body. I feel these guys know more about me than my wife does!!

oh well hopefully it will all be worth it.

Hahaha yeah I know how you feel they seem want to know information I have no idea about trying to get.. Tricky situation. What evidence did you for you proof of work?

A reminder to forum members - this section of the forum is for people to ask questions directly of one of the migration agents​ who post on the forum so other members should not post replies. General discussion among forum members should be done on the General Migration section of the forum. Thanks.