Shipping Boxes

andyperiam

Hi,

I am in the midst of planning a move back to the UK from Sydney.

I would like to initially ship a couple of boxes back just with clothes and some documents so they are already their when I arrive later in the year and they will be followed once my home sells with the remaining furniture etc...

can anyone recommend a reliable cheapish company for the 2 box send ?

Many Thanks

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

Have you booked your airline ticket yet? I recently looked at buying a ticket and it gave me the option of pre booking excess baggage at £65 for the first bag, I thought that was good. I don't think it needs to be a case just a container up to the baggage allowance.

move cube do a few options also.

Hi,

I am in the midst of planning a move back to the UK from Sydney.

I would like to initially ship a couple of boxes back just with clothes and some documents so they are already their when I arrive later in the year and they will be followed once my home sells with the remaining furniture etc...

can anyone recommend a reliable cheapish company for the 2 box send ?

Many Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

We are also in Sydney and will be looking at getting some boxes for shipping things over. We have noticed that most of the self-storage places advertise that they sell packing boxes. They seem to be much of a muchness when it comes to the cost of them though. We will also be looking at packing (or having a hand in the packing) of our boxes when we move back. When we came over we got a company in to do it (one of the big ones) and they were rubbish at filling the boxes. One big tea chest box they guys throw in about 5 wooden coat hangers. If they had done it properly could of got loads more in there. So things like that will get tied up groups for going back, so they can be stacked smarter.