Nurses and IELTS

SkippyEK05

Looking for any feedback info from nurses who have done their IELTS.

I have looked at some of the sample questions on website for IELTS and just wondering if the academic or general test is best one? I am looking to do some practice and then book test. Any advice would be helpful thank you.

Hi,

I did my IELTS in 2014 and the academic one and didn't find it too difficult mainly because I prepared like any other exam. The best material I used was totally free and online and also watched a video of a guy who talked through an essay structure.

Try these;

http://www.ieltsbuddy.com - had loads of tests that you can take and can submit essays for an expert to review and give you pointers to improve.

IELTS Ryan on YouTube does lots of really good videos and helps with the essay structure and offers really good pointers of how to structure what the IELTS service want.

I got an average of 8.0 and these are the only ones I used and not terribly academic myself.

Hope this helps,

Tom

It's my understanding that the academic is more difficult. The general one is pretty hard for native speakers in itself. I got pr as a nurse and did the general just for points.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

thank you for the info and getting back to me much appreciated

Hi,

I did my IELTS in 2014 and the academic one and didn't find it too difficult mainly because I prepared like any other exam. The best material I used was totally free and online and also watched a video of a guy who talked through an essay structure.

Try these;

www.ieltsbuddy.com - had loads of tests that you can take and can submit essays for an expert to review and give you pointers to improve.

IELTS Ryan on YouTube does lots of really good videos and helps with the essay structure and offers really good pointers of how to structure what the IELTS service want.

I got an average of 8.0 and these are the only ones I used and not terribly academic myself.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Thanks for info and the link, really appreciated

Hi Iam a native English speaker and have to admit i did the general for points and academic for Aphra as could not get clarification of english speaking of five years from high school. I got 7.5 on all for academic but didnt reach 8 for points so rather than try againmy agent told me to do general for points and in all honesty i found the general a breeze compared to the academic!Good luck.

Hi Iam a native English speaker and have to admit i did the general for points and academic for Aphra as could not get clarification of english speaking of five years from high school. I got 7.5 on all for academic but didnt reach 8 for points so rather than try againmy agent told me to do general for points and in all honesty i found the general a breeze compared to the academic!Good luck.

Thank you for the information and sorry took so long to reply

Looking for any feedback info from nurses who have done their IELTS.

I have looked at some of the sample questions on website for IELTS and just wondering if the academic or general test is best one? I am looking to do some practice and then book test. Any advice would be helpful thank you.

If it helps, I'm a Radiographer, and I did the Academic test for AHPRA and ASMIRT. Like others have stated, preparation is key. Especially for the written part 2 test, where you need to follow a specific structure to maximise your points.