Is it all about the money dum dumeny dum???

adele244

That would only apply to related party transactions (say if you gave/"sold" the business to a close relative) otherwise a business is only worth what someone will pay you for it regardless of whatever valuation anyone else wants to put on it.

@Ken Ahh that makes sense because that was said in a conversation where we were considering selling it to my hubbys brother. That would indeed make sense, I just assumed that would stand for all sales below the value.

That's good to know and its exactly what I thought - it is worth what someone is willing to pay. Thank you x

• 3 weeks later...

Arghhhhhh......more turmoil!! My husband has been offered a job on the Sunshine Coast (Maroochydore) and basically said "how quick can you get here"

It is better than our wildest dreams, working for a guy who owns an exact same business as we do and desperate for an experienced music repair technician. The wage is $60k plus super he said that Saturday work was available. I was cheeky and said we were hoping to achieve more salary-wise and he said that if he could do the job well he would pay more.

So now after all the head scratching and what ifs... it basically comes down to what is more important.... the security of knowing we have job to walk straight into (and the sunshine coast is just a huge bonus) OR £100k in the bank????

Its just too much for my little brain to comprehend such decisions!!! :arghh: (Sorry just had to offload that one!)