Advice on Gold Coast suburbs

aconcannon

The hubby & I have been living on Sydney's northern beaches near Manly for the past 18 months & we love it!! Sadly, with a 2 bed apartment costing around $800k+ & us wanting a house so we can start a family, we're eventually going to have to make the move elsewhere in a bid to get on the property market!

We visited the GC a few years back & loved it & imagined we'd eventually move here. We're in the GC now & have spent the day driving around most suburbs & sadly haven't found any that we 'really' like. Broadbeach has probably been our favourite so far as it has a lovely beach & plenty going on but it still feels a little touristy. We liked Paradise Point too but it's just a bit too quiet.

Can anybody advise of any good suburbs to check out that we may have missed please?? We have 24 hours left here!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son lives in Varsity Lakes at the moment in a fairly new gated community and I really like that area. Very close to Bond University and Robina Town Centre. He is looking to move closer to the beach though and looking at Miami, Burleigh area. I much prefer the southern end of the Goldie to the northern end.