Tamworth

ukclarkes

We are thinking of moving to Tamworth. There is myself, my husband and two children aged 2 and 11.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated.

My husband is a Welder. What's it like for work out here?

We are planning on visiting next week to get a feel for the place.

Thanks in advance ??

G'day, mate, Tamworth is a good town with good shopping and schools. Might I suggest that the east side would be better for living. The south side is more light industrial and the west side is, or seems, to be dryer, while the north side is rocky. Also, try not to get too close to the Peel River, as it is prone to flooding.

Tamworth is home to the Annual Australian Country Music Festival which takes place on Australia Day.

Cheers, Bobj.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, Tamworth is a great place to live and visit.

I live about 1 1/2 hours drive from Tamworth, we often visit and shop there.

There is a long of coal mining happening in the north west area and I'm sure you wouldn't have any worries getting employment. The wages in mining are great around 60,000 pound a year, so the move to the country is good.I have lived here now for 15 years and love the lifestyle, the only thing I miss is watching the football live. Just pick the area you live in Tamwoth, keep away from Coledale,otherwise great city to live in.